Last reply 3 years ago
Numb hand and arm

I’m suffering atm with painful, numbness, pins& needles, feeling of COLD, in my arm. Tho the limb in question isn’t!! driving me nuts cuz it wakes me up (stabbig pains in wrist). And its my right arm (I’m a leftie) so cannot blame driving my chair or using a mouse.
this is really frightening me as its been going on for weeks now
I’m TRYING to get thru to the MS nurse….talk about a phone nightmare…been tranferred more times tahn a footballer!
dpwnloaded the booklet from MS Society which left me feeling check…check …check this IS my MS and bugger the doctors saying otherwise…

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

stumbler
3 years ago

@reddivine , try contacting your Neuro’s secretary, explain the problem about contacting your MS Nurse and see if they can arrange for them to call you as a matter of urgency.

If you get no success there, phone your GP and seek their assistance in “wading through this porridge”. 😉

Anonymous
3 years ago

I lost the use of my dominant right arm for months in an early attack before I was DX’d. I recovered most motor functions after two 3 day sessions of solumedrol and PT. I had to wait and wait while different tests were scheduled and conducted to get to that help. If I could have changed things, I would have reached that point sooner. I still experience pain and loss of fine motor skills in my right hand years later and recommend steroids and a strong DMD (Lemtrada or Tysabri) ASAP. I think I would visit your neurologist tomorrow and not leave until you had an appointment and/or a prescription for prednisone or solumedrol drip. It is your arm and future. Make sure others treat your case with the urgency that it deserves. I can tell you life was much more complicated when I lost the use of my arm. It was not difficult to imagine if I woke up to find that my leg had also been caught up in the latest relapse.

Anonymous
3 years ago

I failed to mention that lyrica is the best med that I have found to combat the symptoms that you have described. I was focused on trying to prevent the damage that caused the damage that results in the symptoms you have listed. BTW, I regularly have all of the symptoms in my arm you have listed. Weather has direct effects. My hand not only feels like it is cold, but it really does turn cold as well as my foot on the same side. Best of luck!

reddivine
3 years ago

Thanks folks. After a week of not getting thru phone calls i have an appt with MS nurse TODAY!!
Added to my woes the wheelie is out of action…
I shall be strongly (as per mbrsinc) urging DRUGS!! Cuz this is just sending me round the bend.
Scary too, cuz you can’t help thinking “suppose it gets worse”? is this the start of slippery slope? I’ll keep y’all posted!

tracyd
3 years ago

@reddivine good luck, I lost the sensation in my dominant arm last November along with both my legs, I’m relapsing again and losing my right arm and have spent the week fighting to get something done – might have succeeded too xx

Anonymous
3 years ago

I hope you are off to the Neuro’s today to do something to stop your relapse! Don’t just wait to see what happens without knowing you did everything possible to save yourself from the the ravages MS throws your way. When it comes to losing limbs I believe in being very proactive.

reddivine
3 years ago

Managed to see MS nurse yesterday. Convinced her of the urgency and worried-ness of self! Put me on Gabapentin RESULT!! Then when i said, well i actually can’t GET to the GP atm, due to wheelchair malfunction……..got me a prescription that day and pills that day.
We await to see how it goes…….early days early days….

Anonymous
3 years ago

Congrats and good luck! If gaba doesn’t work, try lyrica for sure. I take both as I discovered they don’t work the same and one might work for one pain while the other does not. The point is, don’t give up and settle for pain!

Continued Success!

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.