Last reply 4 years ago
Not impressed with PIP

I had a meeting supposed to happen at 10:30am, I get a call at 11:00am informing me the person coming out to see me was unable to attend and gave no reason to why.

This is the second meeting that has been cancelled in the last 2 months now. I have another appointment now in November instead which my advocate can’t attend as they took a days holiday to volunteer to be there for me and help me.

He’s now lost a days holiday because of PIP. I can’t believe they canceled 30mins after the appointment was meant to take place. This is totally unprofessional in my opinion as I have been waiting since February for this & I hope they backdate everything if I am eligible now. I have been under a lot of stress lately with work and my Bank and this is taking the biscuit.

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

judy-gy
4 years ago

Oh that sucks. They should have a complaints procedure, that won’t help your cancelled appointments, but might mean they have change what they do. Really that just sucks, with you being ready. Jx

stumbler
4 years ago

@mrvelocity , let your local MP know. They’ll have a website, which should provide a link to contact them.

I actually took my MP to task when MSers nationwide were voicing their concerns about this assessment process. Well, there was a standard response being sent out, which didn’t really answer their concerns.

I eventually got a long response from Esther McVey, who at that time was Minister for the Disabled. I’ll email you a copy of her response. Please let me know if you have found anything to be massively different from the assurances she supplied me. 😉

mrvelocity
4 years ago

If they cancel the next one, I’m requesting a phone consultation which my advocate has offered to do on behalf of me as I get flustered and get confused.

cameron
4 years ago

Can’t do anything to help but I’m sending a big cyber-hug. xxx Kay

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.