Last reply 3 years ago
Norma LP results

Hi guys
Had my Lp result today all normal incl no ologoclonal bands
So far I’ve had so many symptoms but normal neuro, normal mri and now normal lumbar puncture?
Does that all rule out Ms?

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

stumbler
3 years ago

@krisp , the absence of oligoclonal banding in your cerebrospinal fluid (CSF) on its own does not preclude MS.

But, together with the other test results, you are causing the Neuros a bit of a dilemma. You are becoming a bit of an enigma.

But, every test result would hopefully direct the Neuros towards a conclusion. A case of eliminate the probables and then investigate the possibles.

krisp
3 years ago

Hi thanks atumbler
I thought this I read something like 85% have bands, 95% have lesions and most have odd neuro exams so I have no idea what to do now lol
Is it almost definately not Ms though with all that? Particularly as they seem to be spinal issues the LP should show something?
The radiologist from the lumbar thoracic today noted two more disc bulges in thoracic area so that’s 5 between cervical and thoracic? Maybe that’s causing a lot of it?

brokendancer
3 years ago

Fingers crossed you’ll get some solid answers whatever 😉

Anonymous
3 years ago

Great news krisp and backs up all your other results. Hope they can do something about your disc probs.

krisp
3 years ago

Well I was feeling great until I woke up and within half hour one side of my face is burning more so cheek and nose down to my jaw
Any idea what this is? It’s like a burning stinging
I’m fed up of this!

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.