northernlass 09/12/14
Last reply 3 years ago
No more baths, going to be showers only.

I have been freezing cold so decided to run a warm bath to try and help me warm up while I had a soak and a read in the tub. I usually have a shower with a bath board to sit on and a non slip mat, a recently added grab rail fixed to the wall to help me in and out of the bath to access the shower securely. Bath was nice but didn’t anticipate that my legs are not working so well at the moment and aren’t strong enough to lift me out of the bath.. 🙁 tried pulling on the grab rail but that wasn’t going to work either.. had to try and flip over onto my knees and pull myself up with the side of the bath.. all in all quite scary so never again. Has anyone else had this sort of problem with their bath..? I have been coping okay with my shower over the bath so far so not needing an adaptation of a wet room at the moment but does anyone have a wet room and what are the advantages of having one..? 😀

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

stumbler
3 years ago

My bath disappeared a long time ago. I’d stopped having baths even longer ago, for the problems you mention.

But, getting my leg over (oo-eer!) the bath was becoming an issue and I could foresee a disaster waiting to happen.

So, a wet room was created. More room and nothing to step over. What’s not too like. 😉

jj5sim
3 years ago

I used to love having a bath but the last 2/3 years whenever I have a bath I feel like crap and cannot do anything. Heat does not help me in any way at all! We moved last year and bought a house that happened to have a wet room and it is brilliant for when I am struggling with my legs. Lots of extra room that a shower doesn’t have and at times I have taken a seat in with me so my wife doesn’t worry about me falling hahaha.

tiggermum
3 years ago

I used to have a hot bath every night allowing me to escape the family and read a good book. The books disappeared first (I have difficulty turning pages) and a Kindle appeared. Then the baths started to go too – one a night became one a week, a month = I cant remember the last one. My shower is my friend. I just wish they would invent a waterproof Kindle! 🙂

Post Comment

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.