Last reply 3 weeks ago
No money = no giving = no problem

@givingtuesday There are other ways we can help. A key one is donating our brains and spinal cords to the MS Tissue Bank.

Only this weekend I heard Dr G DeLucas explaining how his research into MS would not be possble without donors.

https://www.mssociety.org.uk/research/explore-our-research/research-we-fund/search-our-research-projects/ms-society-tissue-bank

It is free and easy to do.

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

givingtuesday
3 weeks ago

@dominics absolutely. Support is not just about donations. We know that if it wasn’t for The Energy, a lot of our projects simply wouldn’t get done. Think about MS Reps…

You can meet some of our amazing volunteers here https://shift.ms/meet-our-volunteers

highlander
3 weeks ago

@dominics
I’ll sign up to the tissue bank, what a great idea.
But under one strict proviso.
I do not want to be dug up by Baldrick or any of his successors in any shape or form.
But I’m up for the rest.
Keep smiling

cameron
3 weeks ago

I’ve done this for the National Hospital tissue bank and carry their donor card. It’s a pity more people aren’t aware of the need – the hospital info says that healthy brains are also important because they’re needed as controls.

dominics
3 weeks ago

I remember waaaay back being told that I was no longer able to give blood nor donate my organs as I was diagnosed with MS. That was upsetting.

I have few objectives in life. One of them was being at least if not more useful to others after I die. I’ve had to scratch that. The second was to die in debt to the government. With the cost of MS care I stand to outstrip and tax contributions. I’ll call that a win.

At least brain and cord donation is something useful to do with the otherwise useless flesh sack that is my body after I kark it.

The only wrinkle is that if it all gets too much and I toddle (getting wheeled there by my wife and daughter is more likely) off to a Swiss clinic for a dignified and controlled end, then it may not be possible or economically viable to get it returned to the UK in time.

I am banking on an unseen piano falling on my head in the meantime and removing that ethical dilemma from me!

rea
3 weeks ago

@dominics, my thoughts exactly. Just emailed for my registration form. Thanks for expressing so eloquently.

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.