Last reply 1 year ago
NHS bureaucracy!

Hi I am still around, had my diagnosis of CIS after all the normal tests but the tingling has spread throughout my body it feels like! I want to speak to the GP for a referral back to the neurologist but I have to call at 8 am one morning next week and try to arrange a phone consultation and that will be fun! (I am trying to run a business with my husband and I am deaf). I have the email address of the secretary to the neurologist, why can’t I just email her and ask to be on the list instead of going through the GP? Not to jump the queue but to cut out the middleman! People have suggested I should be on a DMT anyway.

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

stumbler
1 year ago

@thequietlady , look up your local MS Nurse, https://www.mstrust.org.uk/understanding-ms/living-ms/map-ms-services .

Give them a call, explain your situation and see if they can help expedite matters.

emzxx
1 year ago

Hi I am in the same position as you , I am classed as CIS at the moment but have been having more symptoms. I rang my ms nurse who came out to see me and she has emailed my neurologist secretry but I am still waiting to hear back . My next appointment is June hopefully wont have to wait until then , hope your doing ok xx

thequietlady
1 year ago

Thanks for that @stumbler, I thought I had to have a diagnosis of ‘proper’ MS like RRMS to be able to see a MS nurse, but the local hospital has a nurse covering this area so I will email her tomorrow!

And sorry that you are in the same boat @emzxx, hopefully you will be seen soon!

Post Comment

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.