Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

There are no categories assigned yet.

stumbler
3 years ago

Hi, @mimimorgan1 , that’s a really tough break.

However, the earlier this condition is identified, the earlier you can start treatment to avoid any potential disabling effects.

I have one question though. Your e-mail address was used for fund-raising back in 2008. Were you really fund-raising at the age of 4, going on 5?

mimimorgan1
3 years ago

My mums email address it’s her iPad I use or phone x

stumbler
3 years ago

@mimimorgan1 , Ah, I see.

Getting a diagnosis of MS is pretty scary for adults. So, are there any questions you’d like to ask about MS?

CClaire
3 years ago

The youngest person to be diagnosed with ms in the uk was three at the time, she is ten or eleven now. There has never been a better time to have ms.xx

brokendancer
3 years ago

Hi Mimi and welcome 🙂
CClaire’s right, now is a good time in terms of progress, there’s tons of stuff going on right now and I hope you’ll get some benefit from all that activity.
I can’t imagine how difficult it must be at your young age, I was 42 when I was diagnosed and cried at least once a day for quite a long time.
I hope we can answer any questions about it and give you some support if you need it 🙂
Sonia x

CClaire
3 years ago

I was thirty six when I was diagnosed. Inside I knew I had had ms for a very long time, but it was hard when a doctor said it, I had to try really hard not to cry in front of him. I cried a lot afterwards, so don’t worry if you want to cry a lot, even if you can’t explain why. If any questions come into your head, write them down so you don’t forget and maybe someone on here can answer them, or you can ask a doctor or nurse. Remember, all of the time, whethef you’re asleep or awake, there are people all over thd world doing research to make things easier for us.xx

makkymee
3 years ago

Hi @mimimorgan1

Sorry to hear of your diagnosis at such an early age but everyone is right when they say there is lots going on to try & conquer MS.

You should have a look at the forums on the MS Society website as they have one for Young People which might help.

Keep well
Makky
X

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.