Last reply 4 months ago
Newly diagnosed

Hi
I’m not really good at this but…

I’m samantha I have recently been diagnosed with Ms but at this moment they calling it cis but had a lumbapuncher done this Thursday gone so should get results back within 2 weeks so then I will know for sure where I am with this condition and go from there.

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

highlander
4 months ago

Hi Samantha,
@manfs123
Greetings and welcome to the club.
You’ll find everyone on this site very helpful and understanding.
Feel free to ask anything you like someone will know something about everything ( he’s called @stumbler ) I’ve called him now so he’ll turn up soon you watch….he’s our local guru and master chief, of sorts.
Use the magnifying glass top left a bit like a search engine and type anything you’ve heard or read that you would like to no more about and the answer will more than likely be in there.
Just keep calm we’re all in the same happy rocking boat her.
Keep smiling
Welcome

stumbler
4 months ago

Hi @manfs123 and welcome. I thought I should put in an appearance, after @highlander ‘s comments.

We’re very informal on this Forum, so if it feels right, then do it. There’s always someone around to help out and advise as necessary.

It sounds like you’re on the way to getting some answers. And, we’ll be here to support you, answer your questions, listen to your rants, whatever. So do keep us updated.

nutshell88
4 months ago

hi welcome with us MSers kind
I hope you get. answers for your questions soon
and as i told most newly daignosed people on the forum and did members head in
but its true 💜

dont trade your secure state of mind wto worries and fear

MS in in our brain worries too
if anyone had flu and was worried in active his recovery would be slow

how about if we worry about something already occupied our brain

be safe
enjoy your life like last week and year
try to even forget it if you could

be safe x
R

peterfrancis
4 months ago

Hi Samantha and welcome to the community.

I know next to nothing about CIS apart from that it has similarities to MS.

So you are waiting on the results of the MRI which usually take a couple of weeks then you’ll have an appointment with your Consultant/Doctor who should be able to give you a clear cut diagnosis.

All the best.

grandma
4 months ago

Hi Samantha, another old codger here (me and Stumbler and 1 or 2 others) have had the beast for 25 years, still here, still fighting, as Stumbler said you can say almost anything here (as long as it’s not libellous!) you can rant, moan, cry, celebrate, we’ve done it all before and we don’t judge, and always remember them no such thing as a silly question with ms if that’s what it turns out to be. Look after yourself😍

grandma
4 months ago

Has your body settled down from the MRI? Hope your having a nice weekend😍

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.