Last reply 1 year ago

Diagnosed last year and still trying to get my head around it.
I’m 55 and what I know now explains some of experiences since I was 40. I’m now in the land of benefits which I feel is a complete joke.
I don’t work now because of fatigue onset ( I was a Carpenter ) plus I’m a full time carer for my partner. She was diagnosed with Dementia 6 months previous to my diagnosis. So life is pretty naff at the moment.
My main issue is not sleeping. I`m up half the night drinking tea, doing stretches as I suffer from RLS.
I think that`s enough for now. As someone told me it could be worse.
Really ?

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

diegomontes16
1 year ago

Keep on keeping on man life’s tough but you can do it sorry to hear your struggle but stay positive cheers

potter
1 year ago

I was diagnosed the same age as you and also had symptoms for at least ten year before that. I got on a DMT as soon as possible, I needed to slow down this disease as much as possible. So far it is working good for me I also try to eat anti-inflammatory foods such as fresh pineapple and get a lot of sleep. Maybe you could get some help in taking care of your partner and get some rest. Stress can activate any lesions you might have and cause relapses. January is my nine year anniversary of my diagnoses, I hope you are doing as well as I am in nine years. You just need to get your battle plan together and fight it. Potter

Anonymous
1 year ago

Fatigue is made so much worse by stress and lack of sleep, prior to my diagnosis my fatigue was very bad now it’s hardly noticeable. I achieved this through practical changes in my environment cutting down on caffeine easy exercise to get rid of some of that extra energy that make rls worse.
No quackery involved just common sense stuff, making it clear to anyone with bad attitude to take it elsewhere.
Get help where you can do things you enjoy ( they may be not what you would have chosen) I used to ski, rock climb and road race. I pursue other interests now as they are not possible now but I still enjoy life.
Add me on pm if you want a chat

Post Comment

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.