stumbler 23/02/18
Last reply 4 months ago
New User : jaydenuu

It took a few days, but this user has now shown their true colours.

Another undesirable despatched.

Please don’t respond to her/his email, if she/he sent you a Private Message.

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the β€˜x’.

There are no categories assigned yet.

noelie
4 months ago

@stumbler saw that one coming, with the double “u” at the end of the username, like the previous one. For the future, how can we report suspicion? thanks

rambles
4 months ago

@stumbler Thanks for letting us know. I did get pmπŸ˜•…

stumbler
4 months ago

@noelie , to be honest, we saw it coming too. We just didn’t have the last piece of the jigsaw to confirm it.

It’s unusual for an “undesirable” to register and then come back three days later, to start messaging.

Anyway, there are a couple of ways to alert us at Shift:-

1. Drop me a PM, or an email, [email protected]; or
2. Use the “Contact us” link, an option within the “hamburger” link, top left.

πŸ˜‰

noelie
4 months ago

@stumbler all good, got it πŸ˜‰

crystal-2017
4 months ago

I knew it. I declined friend request twice. Thank you for sorting it

lynette09
4 months ago

@stumbler I had a request whilst I was at work but must have been deleted by the time I logged on.

Can’t believe people abuse legit sites/communities like this where we come to speak and show one another support.

Good to know people keep an eye on these sorts. Well done to you and the team : )

martyn-c
4 months ago

What happened? I got a friend request too.

chrisj
4 months ago

Forgive me for being a bit dim, but what do undesirables like this one do?

novemberrain
4 months ago

Thanks @stumbler I was feeling bad about doubting them but well done for your investigations 😊

stumbler
4 months ago

“Undesirables” are people who join our Forum, but usually have nothing to do with MS.

They normally originate from Africa and seem hell bent on obtaining your email address. Hence, the offer of sending some “pictures”.

Alternatively, they can be “snake oil” salespeople, trying to sell their latest “miracle cure”.

Ultimately, they are all after money, your money.

They have no place on our Forum. I just refer to them as undesirables…….. :mrgreen:

chrisj
4 months ago

Well in that case….. Good work Sir.

Now I know what to look out for in the future.

Thank you.

geordie57
4 months ago

I think at the time I accepted request!πŸ™ˆπŸ™ˆπŸ™ˆ I checked where from and it said USA I think😬 well spotted @stumbler! I never even twigged!!

tilsjens
4 months ago

Thank you so much, I received friend request too but thought I would search for the person first. Very pleased I did after reading all comments! Cheers

Post Comment

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.