Last reply 2 months ago
New treatment?

Morning All,
I’m now on day 4 of tecfidera and apart from a few hot flushes on the first day everything has been fine so far 🙂

I saw my neurologist yesterday as I’m currently having another relapse (which began before I started the treatment) and they’ve given me a hefty dose of steroids to see me through.

However, the neurologist did say that they would try the tecfidera for 6 months and if it wasn’t successful there was a new treatment that NICE had approved only this week which involved a 5 day drip every 6 months. He didn’t go into any more detail about this but just wondered if this was something that anyone else knew about?

Thanks!

Danni

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

dvtrv
2 months ago

It sounds like that could be Ocrevus.

I did a bit of research on it as am needing to come off Tysabri after 7 years.
Ocrevus was one of the two out of the 4 I was considering.

https://multiplesclerosisnewstoday.com/forums/forums/topic/im-about-to-start-ocrevus/

I was under the impression it is around a 4-5 hour infusion every six months.

Little side affects.

My other consideration is Mavenclad.

Do your research and good luck.

dvtrv
2 months ago

Apologies, I failed to say ‘Allo ‘Allo

dannibrett
2 months ago

Thanks for the info, will have a look in to it. I’m hoping I don’t get to this point and the tecfidera is successful but it’s always good to know there is another option 🙂

stumbler
2 months ago

@dannibrett , Yes, Ocrevus (Ocrelizumab) is the latest drug on offer. It was a bit remiss of the Neuro not to mention it by name……….

There’s some more details here :-

https://www.mstrust.org.uk/a-z/ocrelizumab-ocrevus

dannibrett
2 months ago

Thanks to you both. I’ve had a look, Sri appears to be in very early stages?
I think he avoided naming it as my Tec has only just started and he was keen for me to give it a good go.
Anything that can reduce the severity of relapses like my current one is welcomed!

dannibrett
2 months ago

Sri? *it !!!

stumbler
2 months ago

@dannibrett , Ocrevus may have just been approved in the UK, but it’s been available in America for sometime. And, would have been involved in clinical trial for a number of years.

Nothing is that fresh off the production line………….

dannibrett
2 months ago

Thanks @stumbler 🙂

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.