Last reply 10 months ago
New to site and kinda need to rant

Hello,

I am new to this site and wonder if anyone has trouble with mental status working full time? Some of this is that I am feeling that there is unfairness in the office. The boss is inconsistent with information. Can see who the favorites are as when they do not follow the “Procedure” they stand up for them that it is OK.

I have just had another MRI done last week and go to see the doctor next week and scared because I think that things are worse. Need more medications.

One of the issues that I have is that I made the choice to move back home to help take care of my Mother (Parkinson’s) and now ending up taking care of both of them (Dad; COPD, Neuropathy‎). How can I juggle this??? Need money and benefits as I have been working non-stop which makes it hard to apply for Benefits.

Any thoughts on how to deal with all of this. How to talk to my employer about this. They do not know. Getting ready to tell them next week after my doctor appt.

Please any and all advice will be taken into consideration.

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

stumbler
1 year ago

@gorman68 , you seem to have a lot on your plate.

Try not to get bogged down with inconsistencies at work. This happens everywhere and, in the grand scheme of things, is best ignored. Family is more important.

Anyway, here’s a couple of resources about work issues, which you might find useful :-
https://support.mstrust.org.uk/file/working-and-studying-with-ms.pdf
https://www.mssociety.org.uk/workandMS

Anonymous
1 year ago

Hi gorman68

stumblers done the sensible asnwer, mine reply is

Rant away! & I really hope you felt a little bit better for it,
getting stuff off your chest (amongst a few other things) is why we’re here.

cameron
1 year ago

All I can add is that my GP told me that everyone with a (any) long-term condition suffers a change in their mental state and that I needed antidepressants to ‘keep me thinking straight’. So yes, I am NOT the same person as I was pre-MS. And probably you aren’t either….. It’s not our fault, it’s just the way things are. Big hugs x.

munchies
1 year ago

Hello,

It sounds like you have an awful lot going on without the MS!!! It’s no wonder your temperament is up and down.

I agree with Stumbler that this happens in many workplaces so try not to let that get to you.

Do both- read the info and rant away. You’d be surprised how many people feel the same way.

Take care. Xx

Post Comment

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.