Last reply 1 month ago
New to site

Hello…..

Was diagnosed with ms in 2013, fortunately I have been very well with it… until a week ago when I’ve had my first big relapse! Very frightening and debilitating, was in Spain a few days prior doing normal everyday things like walking.

Currently feeling very upside down and inside out… feel like my body has failed me!

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

vixen
1 month ago

Hello @summer18, yes it’s annoying when our ‘friend’ pops up to let us know it’s still there and not to become complacent! Funny, I had an awesome time in Spain in the summer and virtually the day after I returned, all that walking in the sunshine became a distant memory and I have not felt 100% since. I’m convinced that having a burst of sun and then returning to grey skies has a big negative impact. Feel better soon x

stumbler
1 month ago

Hi @summer18 and welcome.

Stress can be a major antagonist of MS. And, the run-up to a holiday can be a lot of pressure. Could it be the run-up to the holiday, which caused the problem?

Whatever it was, now isn’t the time to be hard on yourself. Put your feet up, take care of yourself and wait for the storm to pass…….

summer18
1 month ago

Thank you stumbler, wise words… I literally did a bit of walking and then 2 days led on a beautiful beach chilling!

Hope you also return to feeling well soon

summer18
1 month ago

Thank you for your reply vixen (awesome name btw) lol

It’s an ass of an ilness, I’ve always tried to respect it, but it’s showing me jack respect right now… one minute I’m in the sea, within two days I can barely walk.
Maybe we should avoid Spain lol x

grandma
1 month ago

Hi summer, welcome to our exclusive club. Always here for a moan or a natter. Lots of us with lots of knowledge to answer questions if required. As Stumbler says, don’t stress, nothing worse for your ms than stress. Keep posting and remember there is no such thing as a silly question with ms😍

summer18
1 month ago

You have all been so kind!
Literally has been life changing over this past week! X

potter
1 month ago

I woke up to the right side of my body being numb several days before last Christmas. I wasn’t even celebrating Christmas but I had been taking care of my elderly mother in-law since October. I believe I just over did it, I was cooking, grocery shopping and taking her to her doctor appointments. You probably just did to much on your vacation or got too warm. I shop for my mother in-law now but I let other family members do the rest. Potter

summer18
1 month ago

I do love life at 200 mikes an hour, on top of working and having a young child… time to take care of me to I think

cameron
1 month ago

Are you on treatment?

dominics
1 month ago

Like @cameron says. Are you on treatment? The prevailing opinion seems to follow what the Americans started doing a while ago. Get in with the best DMT available with a view to mitigating long term damage.

The usual approach has been to step-up towards them. The data seemsa to be suggesting that it is better to go in ‘hard and fast’.

I am 25y in and have had to fight and argue every step of the way for what is rapidly becoming the norm.

See the interview with Prof Giovanni by the shift.ms reporters at ECTRIMS, published in the last week.

stumbler
1 month ago

Here’s the interview referenced above :-

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.