Last reply 8 months ago
New to MS

Hi I was diagnosed with MS in December 2017. My first episode happened in April 2017 with my eyes seeing double when I turned my head. I did everything the doctors have told me to do. The spinal tap was the key to say I have MS. I been taking Tecfidera since January 2018. Im fortunate that I’m 40 when diagnosed. Sometimes I feel like I shouldn’t be joining here as Im not going to be in a wheelchair and I can work(groomer in my house), etc. Has anyone else feel like this?

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

stumbler
8 months ago

Hi @marciaellen and welcome.

There’s no reason why you shouldn’t be here. We have all ages, with varying degrees of symptoms,

We are all different and unique.

vixen
8 months ago

Hello @marciaellen, welcome to you. Do you say that you’re lucky in that you weren’t younger when diagnosed? I kind of know what you mean, although those at the young end have a greater number of years ahead in which medications and advances will do nohing but improve.

I was a bit frightened joining Shift in the beginning, in that I was worried I would begin to feel more disabled than I felt, or was But what I’ve come to see over the past year is that this site is the story of spirit, determination, humour, and essentially trading stories. Humans and hearts from all ages and stages, countries and walks of life. Often people post stuff that isn’t really related to MS specifically, more about them as a person. So I hope you will enjoy using the site!

grandma
8 months ago

Hi Marcia Ellen and welcome. Did you say you’re a groomer at home, dogs? Can I bring my pair of Airedales? Joking apart keep at it! The longer ‘normal’ life goes on the better keep doing everything you want to, and when and if you can’t any more find something you can do.😍

marciaellen
8 months ago

Thank you everyone! 😊😊

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.