melissa-g 10/04/15
Last reply 3 years ago
New MS youth video project!

This past summer, I helped put together the filming of a great video project with the MS Society of Canada. The project is called “MyStory” and aimed to reach out to young people with, and affected by MS. It’s taken some time but the campaign finally launched yesterday, and I’m so proud to be able share it with you all! One of the first videos being featured follows the story of Billy Talent drummer Aaron Solowoniuk, which can be found on the site below entitled “Aaron’s story”. And there are more to come, all being housed on a great site that my very own brother made. (http://mystory.someonelikeme.ca)

Please check it out, and share with anyone you think may benefit from it! We also really want to encourage young people to share their stories as well, so check out the hashtag #MSMyStory on social media, or comment on the site/videos posted above to join in the conversation!

I hope you enjoy!
Melissa

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

mumofmser
3 years ago

Thanks I will certainly pass on to my teenager with MS. There needs to be more going in Uk specifically for teens

melissa-g
3 years ago

Just wanted to bump this back up so everyone had a chance to see it. And just because it’s aimed at youth, doesn’t mean only they can enjoy the videos 🙂

thecuriosity
3 years ago

wow Melissa, this caught me. I was just the right age to have been into Billy Talent when they were starting out and a lot of my friends are fans. i imagine some of them would be interested to see this as well and make them reconsider how they see my condition. hopefully it will do the same for some of the people this is aimed at.

Gonna share this and see what reactions I get. 🙂

melissa-g
3 years ago

So glad to hear that @thecuriosity! Exactly what we were going for. We will also be featuring a new video every week or so, of different young people with and affected by MS, including myself, lol!

Post Comment

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.