Last reply 5 months ago
New baby flare up

Hey guys,
I’m curious if there are any fellow ladies with ms who had a flare up after child birth? I had my babe in January and had the worst flare up I’ve ever had. Made it almost impossible to care for my babe, I was lucky to have family close. It’s cleared up now after being on steroids for weeks. How have others coped? Any advice?

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

stumbler
1 year ago

@mommyamy , it’s not unusual to have a post-partum relapse as your hormones return to their normal levels. It’s these same hormones that probably avoided relapses whilst you were pregnant.

I’m glad you had the support you needed.

mmhhpp
1 year ago

I agree with stumbler. When my second child was born i started having some balance issues which i ingnored and when he was 1yr i had a massive relapse….xx

sonia1984
1 year ago

I had one after child birth and before I even knew I had Ms. It affected my bladder and I was convinced it was a bladder infection and I couldn’t stop going to the bathroom to “pee” and nothing would happen. I look back and think that was a pretty minor relapse to contend with considering how bad a relapse can be. I am glad to hear you have a support system in place and family was able to help you. That’s a number one with Ms making sure you have extra hands on deck to help, not feeling bad about asking for help when needed.

ghodder
1 year ago

I had my baby last March and in June I now know that I had a huge relapse that lasted for a long time and was actually what finally led to me being diagnosed last month. It was awful… I felt like people thought i was making it up. I’m now early stage pregnancy and am petrified I will relapse again after birth but I’m hoping now I’m diagnosed I will be able to get the help I need after to avoid a relapse if possible… my one trigger is stress so I will not be afraid to ask for help 😊

lfckid1964
5 months ago

How can I purchase Herbal Canabis my MS is getting worse walking is shocking and muscle wastage in my right leg

stumbler
5 months ago

@lfckid1964 , are you able to copy/paste your question into a new topic, by selecting the “Say Something” option at the top of the screen? 😉

Post Comment

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.