brittany-leigh 31/03/17
Last reply 5 months ago
Neurologist advice

I asked my neurologist for pain management, he said that lesions don’t cause pain & ms isn’t a painful disease? So he doesn’t prescribe anyone cbd oil or anything like it… so here I am thinking well then what good are you?

Thoughts?

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

potter
10 months ago

I think you need a new neuro, I can’t believe he said something like that. That is very out dating thinking. Potter

brittany-leigh
10 months ago

He also said, since I have 2 lesions on my spine, one on my neck & middle area of back… that apparently that’s not attributing to my back pain. The weight from just having a baby is & when I loose it the pain will go away….?? I weighed much less before I got pregnant for the 2nd time & I have tremendous back pains regardless.

stumbler
10 months ago

@brittany-leigh , I think your Neuro needs to read this :-

https://www.mstrust.org.uk/a-z/pain

brittany-leigh
10 months ago

I don’t understand what is wrong with him, I think he needs to either retire or give up his old school visions.

stumbler
10 months ago

@brittany-leigh , he doesn’t need to give up his old school visions, he needs to go back to school………..
😉

mikesimpkins
10 months ago

Good morning. It seems some neurologist are just like that. Its quite difficult to be sympathetic to anyone’s pain unless you swap their body with yours and understand everything. As for the oil I suggest go ahead and get it, if you’re in pain and nothing is being prescribes who is it going to hurt? I’m in australia and things are a bit different here but I’ve found the times I have had it Ive automatically relaxed the for a little while and my body isn’t fighting itself(in the normal way). You’re only doing yourself a favour by trying to help yourself out.

californiadreamin
10 months ago

It’s almost better to have such an obvious reason to switch your dr. It could be that he gives you the wrong treatment or something. Better to take it as a sign to find someone more in tune with things.

highheeledfagin
10 months ago

Strange. I was put on Gabapentin for something else but, when I brought up my pain a year later, my neurologist increased my dosage to cover the neuropathic pain.

sonja1966
10 months ago

I had to change my daughter and sons Dr’s for that exact reason. When I asked my daughters Dr to address the pain she’s experiencing he said that my daughter was depressed and that he wasn’t going to prescribe any depressed patient pain medicine since it was all in her head.

Wait it gets better, with my son same thing but more was added. They said that the pain he was experiencing was all in his head. They said he was a danger to himself and other people and that the mind will tell the body he’s in pain when he is not. He said have him go to therapy to fix whatever problem that was going on and he would be fine. Even though he had the disease 3 doctors said it was wronghe was depressed, they are doing that with my daughter.

I don’t understand how and why Dr’s are practicing based on personal feelings and bad medicine. The pain is unreal when the symptoms are active. The electrical surges, headaches and neck pain alone are the worse. I hope you get better results somewhere else.

daniel2025
10 months ago

I get nerve pain from time to time and suffer with Trigeminal neuralgia. I’d love to see him try to tell me ms don’t cause pain. Never mind going to school he would want to retire after my blasting him out knocks him into next year.

I have never said this before but I wish he could walk in a ms patents shoes for 1 week. I guarantee he would never say that again. If your in the UK goto your gp and tell him of your pain if he can’t help complain to the hospital and ask for a brand new neurologist maybe ask for one who actually didn’t take 65 years to get though school and got passed because the school got sick of his face and wanted rid of him.

brittany-leigh
10 months ago

Canada lol, a little more difficult. I’m going to try a naturalpath & see what that does…. I have been taking cbd oil without prescription, fortunately, it isn’t legal yet but there are ways to get it here!
Thank you everyone for making me feel better! So relieving to know I’m not experiencing something unknown to others

daniel2025
10 months ago

Well maybe write to the Toronto maple leafs and suggest this guy as a new practice net that they can fire there pucks into.

I read your profile as well. As well as having ms I’m autistic. It sort of a double whammy for you because I understand the challenges facing yourself and your child.

I can say I managed to become quite educated when I just had autism and ms didn’t take a hold. I know a lot about computers. Unfortunately as my symptoms started to get worse and worse over the years and I began to struggle a hell of a lot so I ended up on welfare. I didn’t get a diagnosis for 5 years as initially I had just 1 legion and 1 relapse. The neurologist was reluctant to diagnose. That one relapse didn’t half make my symptoms bad but not bad enough I couldn’t manage the stairs. 5 years later 3 relapses in quick succession got me more disability a diagnoses of ms a hell of a lot of pain and I couldn’t manage the stairs. This was bad because I lived in a upstairs flat or apartment as they tend to be called in America. Ended up isolated for a while because I was afraid to try the stairs without my wife been present.

My landlord moved me to a bungalow which obviously has no stairs and I’m able to get out a lot more thankfully. No longer isolated.

What I will say never give up on your son been a productive member of society. If the ms didn’t take a hold on me I would have been working in computing I have all this knowledge that I haven’t been able to use unfortunately my doctors advised against working because of how bad my symptoms are.

My sister who has one of the worse cases of autism this town has seen is currently on a training course to be a nursery nurse assistant and managing perfectly fine but people know when to leave her alone and when she’s happy to interact but she is doing really well.

My oldest child has autism and expressed a interest in learning about computers and how they work how to fix them things like that as he wants a job in computers he says. So I’m going to encourage this and try to pass my knowledge on so he has a massive head start when he goes to college.

But things can be a challenge at times for people with autism but its not impossible.

I had a bad neurologist to begin with I feel if he diagnosed sooner I would be less disabled then I am as I could have been getting treatment. I put a complaint into the hospital and advised them if I ever see this guy again my wife is going to swing for him. They changed my neurologist to a really good one she recommended lemtrada based on the amount of relapses and the massive amount of legions. In regards to my symptoms that are stuck with me she takes my lead if I tell her this this and this is happened she is happy to recommended a few courses of action and let’s me pick what I want doing.

A good neurologist can make all the difference to your life I’m not sure how things work in Canada but do some investigating and find out because this guy can’t be the only neurologist in Canada and if you have to do a little bit of traveling it will make a lot of difference to your life if you see someone good.

koffeelover
10 months ago

Time to change to a neurologist with more up to date thinking!!

brittany-leigh
5 months ago

Thank you Daniel! That was refreshing to read, I’m definitely trying a lot of things to help. Like trying no meat or dairy. Going to see if that helps at all.

Post Comment

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.