Last reply 3 weeks ago
Neuralgia is it a relapse?

Hi all. Not been on for a while been having a few issues with my treatment! Just want to pick your brains really. I’m suffering with neuralgia in the right hand side of My face for a few days now. It’s right the way down my right side. Could this be a possible relapse? Is it worth contacting my nurse about it? I’ve been off tecfidera for about 4 weeks due to severe stomach pain 3 Times a day every day, even after 5 months! So we have come to the decision to change my DMT yet again 😩 so I’m a little panicky thinking that I am in relapse so any thoughts would be really appreciated! Thank you xx

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

arya
3 weeks ago

This is a weird disease, it’s not easy to say if a new symptom is part of a relapse, but if it lasts more than 24h, I advise you to speak with your doctor.
Let us know!
Xx

simone2
3 weeks ago

Hi, Have you tryed Lysine supplement?I use to get neuralgia but now I just take one tablet everyday and for me it really helps

rogersouthall
3 weeks ago

jadeshelley, first of all, hello and hope all is well. http://www.wholesorts.com is a blog I write monthly, I would ask you to read for a couple of reasons, those I will now briefly expand on.
Firstly i too was on Tecfidera, and perhaps for too long as it gave me a brain virus and whilst on irt I also had Trigeminal Neuralgia, the right side of my face, now I want to say that we all respond differently to drugs and I certainly do not want to spook you, I am offering advice, read the June edition of my blog, the operation I had for the Neuralgia looks scary but it was the easiest operation I have had and when I woke up, for the first time in over a year I could eat normally, trust me, being armed with knowledge helps when letting Consultants know what your experiencing or at a later date will be.
Again, please be mindful I am not scaring you but informing you, on my blog I have my details, please feel free to call x

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.