barnabycrumble 01/11/14
Last reply 3 years ago
Need a purpose

All of a sudden, my kids are growing up and hubby and kids seem to always be busy doing good stuff where as my journey now seems to be going round and round in circles. I am quite content on my M.S path and love scooting about with my dog but I dont feel like I have a purpose other than pottering about, I always thought I would be more and am worried about my life from now on, but I dont know what to do.
I was going to try and do some volunteer work but because my M.S is so variable I know I wouldn’t be able to commit to someone else’s time, any suggestions?.
My favourite thing is to be out on my scooter with my dog,
maybe blogging about our travels ?.
I dont know, I just always thought I would help others, not be in a position that I am the one being helped.

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

tiggermum
3 years ago

There is a group called The Silver Line, where volunteers talk to older people who need someone to chat to, or write to. It sounds quite interesting, if you like talking to people. Here’s the URL;, just in case http://www.thesilverline.org.uk/.

Don’t give up on your life – people need you – and you have lots left to give.

I did feel pretty much similar when I was diagnosed. I am now a school governor and loving every minute. They are crying out for community governors all over the country.

Good luck with finding something to make you feel needed once again. You ARE needed by your family, you can just forget that sometimes! 🙂 x

stumbler
3 years ago

I went through a similar thing when I stopped working a few years ago. I felt that I had landed on the scrapheap of life and was struggling for a purpose. And, there’s only so much daytime TV you can watch before you think there must be more to life.

Don’t discount volunteering. Volunteers are always appreciated and I’m sure they’d be flexible to the demands of your MS.

MS or not, life continues to change, with one chapter closing and a new one opening. You just haven’t yet decided on the theme for this new chapter. 😉

barnabycrumble
3 years ago

Thanks for your replies, and the link to The silver line, I shall def look into that, thank you.
I felt so lonely yesterday, today the house is bustling so all is fine and tomorrow will be horrible, every one gone again, will look into the volunteering tomorrow morning I think, Monday mornings are always my lowest
Thanks again
ST xx

Post Comment

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.