Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

stumbler
3 months ago

Hi @marie_swan and welcome.

There’s a few simple exercises here to help strengthen your neck :-

https://www.mayfieldclinic.com/PE-NeckEx.htm

Just take care if you do them. Start slowly and gently. Ease up if you feel any pain.

jane_watts
3 months ago

marie_swan
Hello Marie in response to your post ,,,,, been there, gentle neck massage although it won’t take this away but can help
I don’t know what medication you’re taking could it be a side effect? 🤔
I know at the time it wasn’t medication with me but the contrary MS. And MS symptoms are contrary. This will abate unfortunately I can’t give you a time frame it just leaves.
I’m wondering like me have you lesions at the base of your brain we’ll call it (with me they’re front side & back of the brain)
You do need rest if driving prop the back of your neck with a soft neck pillow cheap as nuts it will help. I’m so sorry you’re suffering this it’s damn uncomfortable & can feel like the spine wants to get out & tango more especially if you’re driving distance. Not quarter way through journey just feel like giving up needing rest.
Give yourself time this is a very stressful & difficult symptom to come to terms with & just as you do come to terms with this discomfort & pain it stops.
Always here, mind yourself & REST.
Jane 💜

cosine
3 months ago

I hope you get better soon x

peterfrancis
3 months ago

@marie_swan

I too have the heavy head issue, do your shoulders also feel like they’re being weighed down too at the same time?.

Thankfully this does not happen so much anymore since doing some light Physio exercises.

Stumblers link should be of use to you.

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.