Last reply 4 weeks ago
Nearly there I think!!

Hi again, I have posted from time to time but it finally looks like I might be part of the MS community ☺. I had a CT scan of my chest yesterday as the neurologist wants to rule out neurosarcoid, another illness with similar symptoms to MS. But she was talking about my recent LP with positive MS results and a new lesion on my brain when I saw her a couple of weeks ago, and about sending me to a Dr Ben Turner at the Royal Free for treatment, so I assume it must be MS. It will be a great relief to get a diagnosis, as I know many of you here can identify with that!

Brain is in turmoil with money problems, and health problems with my family and friends, and worry about Brexit too! I have Christmas videos playing a lot on TV as I love Christmas, but like most people it also brings lots of stress too.

Anyway I think I will be back again, just having a panic attack I think! Need to cook dinner and prepare for going to market tomorrow with my husband.

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

stumbler
4 weeks ago

@thequietlady , please try not to worry/stress. It serves no useful purpose and can lead to progression…….

thequietlady
4 weeks ago

Thanks @stumbler!

vixen
4 weeks ago

Hello @thequietlady, doesn’t sound like you have a very quiet life at all! I was diagnosed last year, but 10 years ago I had sarcoidosis so I was initially investigated for neurosarcoid too. Have you had a lumbar puncture? That usually provides the definitive. Yes, I’m all antsy about Brexit too, can’t imagine what’s going to happen. Hey ho, I expect will tell. And as @stumbler says, nothing positive will come from stress and it has a huge impact on our condition, in ways you wouldn’t dream of. Focus on enjoying the run up to Christmas!

thequietlady
4 weeks ago

Thanks @vixen, yes I have had 2 lumbar punctures now, both positive for the band thingys! On my way to market now, will try and chill out…

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.