Last reply 2 months ago
My MS Hello

Hi All,

I’m 29, recently married and in the final throws of writing my PhD – the perfect time to get diagnosed with MS! Fortunately though, I now live in Edinburgh so have access to the excellent MS team and research at the Anne Rowling Centre, which is just around the corner. I’m new to the site and to MS in general, so just wanted to say Hi.

My diagnosis has taken around a year and involved 3 MRIs and a lumber puncture. It came as no surprise to be honest, as I’ve had a few sensory episodes over the years, but the investigations started when I went began running in spring 2017 and noticed that I couldn’t see the branches on trees and had a very sore leg. Fortunately, these are now back to near normal, but I am due to start tecfidera next week.

Nice to meet you all,

Rich ๐Ÿ˜

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the โ€˜xโ€™.

nutshell88
2 months ago

Hi Rich,

surprising wedding gift eh? ๐Ÿ˜…

happy to see you still have good spirit.
I’m a Saudi young lassie lol
I was daignosrd in Saudi age 17 2005
been to Edinburgh 2012 studied and worked. stayed there 2,5 years
Anne Rowling is not just excellent clinic but it made me feel so relaxing for some reason. pass my greetings to Dr Blenieda Weller and Dr David HuntI hope I spelled it right
and Matt Justin and some others cant recall their names hehe
tell them Reem passes her love and greetings and shes still walking n kickin lol

they were so nice they tried their best to give me MS treatment but I’ve always been afraid to have any treatment for long term till now.

anyway be safe dont think about MS a lot from my experience its an attention seeker once you think of it you feel it slightly and it keeps getting worse if you do

pass by MS Centre its a great physiotherapy centre with pure oxygen room.

Be safe and healthy
R

vixen
2 months ago

Hello @birdboy, welcome aboard! You have a lovely attitude, the best possible thing to be armed with. Iโ€™m on Tec too, if you type into the search box at the top you will find lots of tips and info about combatting any side effects. Good luck with your thesis and your continuing professional pathway ๐Ÿ™‚

edmontonalberta
2 months ago

Welcome – whatever you need from us, just ask…

Gord

rainbow
2 months ago

Hey @birdboy!

First congratulations! Welcome to this site, everyone is super friendly and there are a lot if knowledgable people so ask loads if questions! Im a patient at the Anne Rowling Clinic too and yeah its a lovely plave and the staff are amazing.

@nutshell88 i believe Dr Weller is no longer at the Anne Rowling Centre, i heard that she was unwell but I donโ€™t have any details or anything im afraid. But if I do hear I will let you know. Your right she is an amazing Doctor

x

rosiemcgx
2 months ago

Hi @birdboy

Iโ€™m also new to the site and MS in general! Iโ€™m lucky enough to live in Edinburgh too so have the pleasure of going to the Anne Rowling Centre ๐Ÿ˜Š Hope all goes well with Tec, I start Tysabri tomorrow so hoping that all goes ok!

Good luck with the PhD!

Rosie

nutshell88
2 months ago

@rainbow
yea she is she was giving home visuts to some patients even.
last time ive been there was 2015.
I hope shes not suffering anything serious.
thanks for the notice.

nutshell88
2 months ago

@rainbow
they need to update anne fowling staff as her name’s still tgere.

rainbow
2 months ago

@nutshell

Maybe they are hoping she will be able to return to work at some point. But all her patients have been moved to different consultants. The new Consultants are not on the website yet either, but to be honest updating the website with staff details is probably not a big priority, I would think anyway.

grandma
2 months ago

Hi Birdboy and welcome, I’ve been on Tec for 5 months and have had the beast for 24 years so as you have probably guessed by the name I’m an old codger but still here and still fighting. Good luck with everything and I hope the Tec and the PhD both go well๐Ÿ˜ Jill

lightning87
2 months ago

@birdboy Hey! Iโ€™m from Edinburgh too and also seen at the Anne Rowling Clinic. Iโ€™ve just been recently diagnosed although notice you are on tecfidera which I think my MS nurse was recommending I think about. Iโ€™m not back to see him until 31st July, I just wondered if youโ€™ve had any side effects with Tec?

lightning87
2 months ago

Just noticed you are actually just going to start Tec so ignore that, haha!

Welcome to this very exclusive club though ๐Ÿ™‚

birdboy
2 months ago

Hi @lightning,

Hello from Morningside! I started Tec last week and am due to go to a full dose this week. I’ve had some side effects, mostly flushing, nausia and an upset stomach, but it hasn’t been too troublesome. I’ll update over the next few weeks, but I’d certainly recommend giving it a go!

๐Ÿ˜

lightning87
2 months ago

@birdboy sorry I just noticed your reply now! I’m hoping to start Tec in the next couple of months, nothing ventured nothing gained huh?

Congrats on your recent marriage also! I am getting married next year, another thing we will have in common!! Haha.

Take care ๐Ÿ™‚

Post Comment

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.