Last reply 6 years ago
Muscle problems

Another question for you fine people of shift.ms:

This is a bit hard to explain, so I’ve found a picture that can help describe the facial expression that causes me issues.

http://farm1.staticflickr.com/159/333318371_b1a6b5d6b1_z.jpg

Two things involving this facial expression (concerning the mouth area, not the eyes):
1) If i move my lower lip to the right like he is doing in the picture (I call it the inverse Elvis) , the muscle in my neck that does this starts to twitch and bounce, which makes holding this position steady difficult.
2) If i turn my head down and to the right while making this face, the same muscle cramps up so bad that it hurts, and I have to massage it until the feeling goes away.

I’d like to note that this is the same muscle I have discussed before in a thread I created regarding Lhermitte’s Sign, where doing the same motion can cause an electric shock or elastic snapping sensation in the muscle. These things may be unrelated, but I figured it wouldn’t hurt to ask.

Thanks =)

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

Anonymous
6 years ago

@reddread Are you asking if this happens to anyone else?

lottie
6 years ago

I just had a look at the pic and the first question that pops in my head is: Why would you wanna pull a face like that and if you do pull that face why would you wanna hold it? Dunno just wondering :))

reddread
6 years ago

The picture is more for a reference to the muscles in use at the time. Let’s say that I’m yawning and I look down to the right, those muscles will cramp up. The squinting of the eyes in the picture is irrelevant to my issue, as I am not doing that when this happens.

@heatherl I guess the underlying question, now that I think about it, was; Does this sound like an intention tremor in the jaw/facial muscles, or do those even exist and I just have some sort of other issue?

I currently am experiencing intention tremors in my hands and legs, and I was just curious if it could also be affecting my face.

Sorry for the confusion, sometimes I find it hard to express what I’m trying to get across.

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.