farmgirl61 24/03/17
Last reply 1 year ago
musclar fatigue

My doc recommended me to get a seep study done for musclar fatigue. My mind don’t feel tired, but I can barely walk once I exert myself. It gets depressing when I cannot walk, thinking how healthy I use to be. I know there are drugs used for fatigue. Anyone experience this & what helps you.

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

doubleo7hud
1 year ago

I get this quite a lot, I’m just thankful I’m on my feet still had a spell before Christmas when I was crawling round, steroids worked for me. I’m up and about and fighting the fecker 🥊 cop fer that ms you shite. Try not to look backwards get thee blinkers on and crack on iv found that resting for a few mins in between helps the old stilts too. Fight it and keep fighting

doubleo7hud
1 year ago

I started moving house today made a list and smashed it to bits done a hell of a lot more than I expected to do just steady away. It was like walking on a couple of turds instead of legs but I did it and did it on my own I think being a stubborn fucker helps too.

farmgirl61
1 year ago

It had sitting around when things need to be done. I still blame my ms symptoms from chemo’s & radiation back I’m 09. Got the muscular fatigue, neuropathy, leg pain, heat sensitivity, dead leg. Ever hear of that? I just live day to day for now I guess. Sometimes I wonder why me.

potter
1 year ago

Farmgirl you have to say “Why not me”, you look around and see all the children and adults with devastating diseases, why them? There is no rhyme or reason to it, I read that some of the deadliest germs on earth developed when the earth was forming. How can you win against germs that have been around that long. I just try to live the best life I can from day to day. Potter

doubleo7hud
1 year ago

Strongly Agree with potter only get one shot legs or no legs were here still. Being a Numpty helps a hell of alot I don’t over think things and just have a giggle with it.

farmgirl61
1 year ago

Hard to stay positive. Just do a lot of sitting & getting fatter. Everyone says to stay active & exercise. How can I when I weak?

stumbler
1 year ago

@farmgirl61 , it’s all a matter if finding the balance. We need do to enough exercise so that it does us good, but without aggravating our MS symptoms.

Swimming is a good overall, low-impact exercise………

farmgirl61
1 year ago

I know swimming is a good exercise, but I cannot swim well. Guess the movement in water is good to do. Anything else besides swimming that is helpful? This farm girl stumbles around all day long. steps are horrible.

stumbler
1 year ago

@farmgirl61 , there’s a range of exercises here :-

https://www.mstrust.org.uk/understanding-ms/lifestyle/exercises-people-ms

Little and often is key. Try not to overheat yourself.

potter
1 year ago

Have you been to a physical therapists yet, I was sent to one when I was first diagnosed nine years ago, I was having terrible legs cramps at night. She gave me about 30 minutes worth of stretches that would help with cramps, balance and keep my legs from bowing inward. I have always had bad feet and couldn’t walk a lot but my foot doctor’s therapist added to my list of stretches. I a threw a little Tai Chi into the mix so I have about a hours worth of stretches. I am still walking, slower than I use to but still walking and the legs cramps disappeared in a couple of weeks. I have trouble gaining weight also, I have a flaky thyroid. I am going to try a new diet and add a few more exercises the first of May. Potter

farmgirl61
1 year ago

Thanks for the exercises. I’ve done those in physical therapy. Forgot a bunch of those. Like the simple diagrams. They do help.

Post Comment

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.