Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

graham100
3 years ago

My twitchy legs are worse in the evening. Bit stiff when first get out of bed, but once I start moving I’m ok, ish, lol

caterpillar
3 years ago

I often feel like an 80-year-old in the mornings and I thought it was “stiffness from training” the previous day – but maybe it is not 🙂

naim
3 years ago

my legs are generally more sore and less flexible in the mornings as well – use to be a real effort for me as well when i had to drag myself to work in the mornings. but now i use provigil modafinal and it helps with my fatigue and my legs dont feel as heavy anymore when i take provigal.

jonesbear
3 years ago

In the morning when I get up my legs are stiff and my balance is really bad then once I’ve moved around a bit it’s not so bad ,not sure if it’s down to ms or I’m just getting old.

jdd0310
3 years ago

Mornings for me are hard work, I just feel completely knackered, it takes me about an hour to turn into something like a useful human. I don’t know if this is going to be a good or bad day and until later in the morning, not useful for me or other people when trying to plan the day.

northernlass
3 years ago

I have to wake several times in the night to go to the loo and always the getting my legs to work is difficult also balance is an issue as I guide myself along on my furniture and walls. In the morning my legs sometimes go into a stiff spasm and lock before I can get out of bed.. so I have to wait till it passes but always I get up walking like “Hermann Munster”. A few weeks ago I woke up with a completely dead arm like I’d been laying on it but I was laying on my other side when I woke up. And I often wake up with freezing cold feet I’m pretty sure these are my MS symptoms.. Sucks aye..? 🙁

naim
3 years ago

i have more or less same as you and everyone else.
seems like these are MS symptoms. but do you think its probably because of the injections we take more than the actual MS?

tabbycat
3 years ago

The description of walking like Herman Munster is perfect! I think I walk like a zombie in some bad horror film when I first get up, but luckily it does wear after staggering to the bath room. Sometimes I try to do my exercises before I get out of bed , but it doesn’t seem to make any difference to the spasming muscles. I don’t think it has anything to do with any medication, it is just one of weirder aspects of Ms and I try to find it funny because what else can you do?!

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.