anindita 02/01/15
Last reply 3 years ago
Ask an MS Expert your question

Ask an Expert your question. Just wanted to share one of our exciting new projects that we will be rolling out this year and get your input.

Last year, we trained 5 MSers to become citizen reporters, we matched them up with leading academic MS experts to ask questions about how research in MS works and filmed the conversation. If you haven’t seen them, they are here: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLm0sRroMtds11YYalbW9-1GqC-skw6c9S

This year, we are getting bigger and better. We are training more MSers and going across the UK to an MS centre near you. We’re widening the field to talk to clinicians as well.

So what do we need from you? Your questions! Do you have questions that you want answered about MS from leading experts in their field?

Find the form for your questions here: https://shift.ms/resources/ms-reports/

Fill in the form as many times as you like and we’ll match your questions to an MS expert and video the whole thing.

Thanks,
Dita

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

aussiekylie
3 years ago

Thank you! One form submitted, probably 20 thousand more questions to come :))

anindita
3 years ago

Thanks @aussiekylie keep your questions coming. We’ll be working with various MS centres throughout the year, so keep thinking about what questions you want experts to answer.

tabbycat
3 years ago

This is a great idea.
I am Basel, home of Novatis drug gylenia. If I could find someone to talk to about this drug, would you like me to film it?

jman
3 years ago

Expert.. Such a dangerous word! 😀

naim
3 years ago

i think if I could ask an MS expert a question it would be – if you had MS how would you live your life to get the most optimally out of your life while managing your MS.

anindita
3 years ago

Thanks @naim you can ask any MS professional that question, I bet they would all answer differently, feel free to add it and any others you have to the list: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1AqfyjhkT1Tex-EznZoqXGUsfJleLgtEahiIhFymc0UM/viewform

northernlass
3 years ago

I asked a question but don’t know if it was answered .. where can I find out @anindita ..?

anindita
3 years ago

Hi @northernlass we’re still collecting questions but once we are start filming I’ll let you know. In the meantime if you have any more, keep them coming via the form!

northernlass
3 years ago

My son asked me “Where do the scars on your brain and spine come from.. why are there scars there..?” and I didn’t know the answer.. could someone tell me What are the scars on our brains and/or spines and where do they come from.?, and why only the Brain and/or Spine.?.

stumbler
3 years ago

@northernlass , this MS society booklet has some pictures, which might help you :-

http://www.mssociety.org.uk/ms-resources/just-diagnosed-introduction-to-ms

hazie
3 years ago

Hi

I recently saw my doctor who is pushing me to switch from Copaxone to Aubagio. I have a mild form of ms and have had few relapses on Copaxone but my last MRI showed continued disease. I have never heard of this drug last time they mentioned Gilenya but now I feel i am being pushed heavily to switch to Aubagio. There doesn’t seem to be much about this drug from person point of view. I have a demanding job and cop axone works for me due to lack of side effects.
Please can you advise if you think i would be silly not to change ?

Thanks
Hayley

stumbler
3 years ago

@hazie Hayley, it’s best to pose your question as a completely new question. This would give it the visibility it deserves.

As for you question, this may provide some answers, http://www.mssociety.org.uk/what-is-ms/treatments-and-therapies/licensed-disease-modifying-drugs/aubagio

So, an oral treatment – no needles! 😉

hazie
3 years ago

thanks @stumbler new to this and not sure how it works… Will try again.
Just not sure on switch it doesn’t seem to have any benefits versus what i am already with no side effects , infact only read negatives and not many positives.
Anyway will try posting again as any feedback from people would help for sure as at this point in time i probably won’t switch.

Thanks again
H

finchy
3 years ago

I have to agree with Jman…the use of the word ‘expert’ is misplaced. After all, sufferers become fairly expert through living with this disease every day. I never felt comfortable about this word when I was a university professor.

anindita
3 years ago

Hi @finchy, I totally agree. I always think of MSers as experts, which is why interaction between someone that has studied MS and an MSer gives great insights to both parties who can learn from each other rather than a one-sided exchange.

Anonymous
3 years ago

When will they be answered?

anindita
3 years ago

Hi @sandwich we’ve started to get lots of great questions from the community and are off to train our first set of MS reporters this month and another 25 MSers throughout the year across the UK so we should start getting videos thick and fast in the next few months.

kateee
3 years ago

Why can’t I have Statins as they help me? I currently buy them from India.

andyc67
3 years ago

A question to all.. WHY? Oh WHY do I have this hateful thing? Then I guess it’s a question we all ask everyday , but , just an answer..

Rods
Andy

Post Comment

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.