Last reply 2 weeks ago
MS pain

Hi, I am wondering about MS and pain. I really try not to blame everything on MS but I just never know…I have horrible hip pain tonight! Actually hip and groin pain. I’m also struggling with what I’m told is arthritis in my back and frequent muscle spasms in my back. But right now, my one hip is really painful and it is hard to walk. I’ve had hip pain before but not like this. I have heat on this at the moment and have taken anti inflammatory. Anyway if anyone has similar experience or suggestions for this please let me know. Also, has anyone tried CBD oil for pain? This was suggested to me as well. Oh and I am diagnosed 20 years ago rr. And am on copaxone for 3 months.

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

stumbler
2 weeks ago

@angieh , there’s an article on pain in MS here :-

https://www.mstrust.org.uk/a-z/pain

This explains the different types of pain and may point you in the direction of the right medical assistance.

But, keep a note of these problems, so you can refer the entire list to your Doctor.

angieh
2 weeks ago

Thanks Stmbler, it’s a helpful article. As MS goes the symptoms may or not be related to the disease. A period of rest helps, seems the best way for me to handle most things these days!

dominics
2 weeks ago

I had a bought of v. unpleasant pain and it concentrated where I had had surgery in the past. Right anle, r. Knee and right hip (three different accidents from three different sports!)

The Nurse said this was typical that it often did that. It was awful. I am now prescribed Duloxetine (also an anti-depressant) for the pain. Never tried CBD for pain like that. When it started I tried paracetamol, ibuprofen and then some leftover tramadol that I had. None of them even touched it. I took 2 more Tramadol in the hopes it’d knock me out but it didn’t work. The gabapentin just turned me into a zombie so I stopped that after a week.

I gather from others that CBD oil is good. Some can be aquired with THC in so it dulls the pain a bit more. So I’m told.

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.