markms
4 years ago
MS MONTH

hi all in the USA they have a ms month we have nothing over here they do a cancer month or week sorry not sure on that one i have emailed the ms socitiy but they have not replyed the only ones to reply is shift there is nothing for us over here and no body seems to care so come on give us your thoughts on this. MS MONTH WE COULD HAVE THE ORANGE RIBON

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

There are no categories assigned yet.

There is a UK National MS awareness week, this year it’s 29th April to the 5th May and the MS Society and MS Trust are both running various orange and blue events. Perhaps we should be wearing shift-green ribbons though!! 🙂

i have not seen anything on these though the only ones to tell me were you and shift how bad is that yeh a green shift.ms bow ribon sounds good what you think shift?

yeh what you think shift green ribbons sounds good to me thanks janep

I love the idea of the ‘green’ ribbons @janep !

@markms – what would you like out of an MS month/ week / day ?

lets have ms month then see how it goes then every one will get to know about ms and how it is so diffrent for so many of us

How about you guys at Shift.ms towers come up with an action plan for shift.ms users part in MS Week, it could be a quick win campaigning hit!

having had a look at the info on MS Trust and MS society websites re: MS Awareness Week the broad aims are:
raising the profile of MS
raising the profile of MS Nurses and sharing success stories.
raising funds for their respective organisations.

Why not reflect this in shift.ms’s contribution?

It could all be done under the banner of shift.ms’s awesome motto.

raising the profile of MS:
Shift.ms already has two REALLY good videos talking about DX and life with MS… as well as all the PHP’s) If you sign up to the campaign you’ll commit to proactively sharing these video’s and shift.ms.

shift.ms could even draft us a campaign email to send…. so we can send it to the New CCG’s that are springing up, to the local press, to local community groups, to other voluntary organisations, friends, family, colleagues, students… and so on.

Sharing the successes of MS Nurses. We could have a “sticky” post on the forum, sharing stories of experiences and the value they can bring to our experience of health services.

these could then be shared with newly diagnosed MSers… the could also potentially be shared with the relevant NHS trusts… to show what real people with MS think of the services we receive. It could also be broadly fed into the MS trusts campaigning work.

And when it comes to fundraising…. it couldn’t be easier… I followed the link of the shift.ms website and donated some money the other week.

not that i’m suggesting that we all do blue peter style bring and buy sale’s…. but I bet if EVERYONE on here sold ONE thing on ebay in that week… we could raise a few pounds to help keep things ticking over for shift.ms.

It would just need writing up, branding and wildly publishing to all the shift.ms community.

I say Just… I do appreciate how much work goes into this kind of activity… but it is achievable!)

just some ideas.

eh i thought march was MS awareness month in the uk?

Alas, in the UK we can only be bothered with a week:-
http://www.mstrust.org.uk/msawareness/

The US does a month.

can we not start doing a month us and shift cos ms society dont seem to be botherd and dont reply when you email them any thoughts?

March is MS awareness month in the UK but it doesn’t seem to be widely recognised. Ah.

I think it’s a great idea Mark.

Prior to my diagnosis nearly a year and a half ago, I hadn’t a clue what ms was although I’d heard of it.

I think that is the case for a lot of people, they know of it, or someone who has it but don’t really know what it is or does.

Post Comment

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.