highheeledfagin 20/01/17
Last reply 1 year ago
MS Hacks: Next topic?

HI everyone. It’s been a long time, but MS Hacks is back. This time, I’d like you all to tell me what you would like to see as the next topic.

for those of you who don’t know it, this feature is a way for us to share tips and lifehacks that we actually use in our own lives to make living with MS that little bit more manageable. So far, we’ve looked at dealing with the Summer heat, fatigue management, and working around cognitive changes. Which topic do you think could be most beneficial for you, right now?

xdee

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

missmoona
1 year ago

I would say fatigue / tiredness.. how do you manage it? I have noticed from the last few months, if I sleep 11pm and up at 6am.. I’m still tired. No matter how long or how short I sleep.. I’m still tired.

doubleo7hud
1 year ago

Ey ups I’m working on a few hacks myself being new to the whole disabalist fing don’t like using disabled as a word as it’s far too serious that’s hack number one. Hack number two I’m lucky enough to have three beautiful baby’s all with baby furniture this has all been strategically placed around the house so I can sit down when Im knackered there poor mans hacks and I look a reet tool I’m 6 foot 3 for Phook sake can you picture me sat in a toddlers chair he he he but it works I have one in kitchen one at bottom of stairs one at the top oh and one in the hallway we’ll did have till it broke when I forgot to put the landing gear down and crash landed that’s now held together with duct tape.

doubleo7hud
1 year ago

And misread article sorry I thought it was to post hacks lol I’m like a crow I see something shiny and get distracted

highheeledfagin
1 year ago

Hi @missmoona. Take a look through this. It was a while ago, but I’ll try to find the completed hacks, too. I hope you can get some ideas from this.

https://shift.ms/forums/topic/ms-hacks-vol

mmhhpp
1 year ago

I would like to know how those who are more dissble manage! I am getting very disable quickly and i think soon i wont be able to stand up anymore! How will i do it then to go to the toilet! I dont know what to do any advises!

cameron
1 year ago

I’ve recently future-proofed my bathroom and had to spend ages researching to get aids that don’t look as though they belong in a hospital. Be pleased to share the links.

mermaidia11
1 year ago

That’s a great idea on so many levels… Seeing as you asked

– Number one has to be inventive uses for furniture (I am 5 foot 11 and use my sons highchair in the kitchen – Stokke of course – 007 lo fcuking l)

– Things that make life easier and more enjoyable?
(Carry your mug of tea in a jug to prevent spills….)

– Relationships and MS?
(how To Negotiate That One – Single people get MS too and man and women react differently.)

– getting a ‘shit hits the fan’ plan together

– do it now strategies – ( doing stuff that needs to be done when you don’t have the energy/inclination/brainpower)

– inventive technological shortcuts that make life easier ( Digital dictation on the iPhone?)

-brain excercises that help (chess anyone…)

loulou
1 year ago

Hellooo there Cameron, long time no speak I hope you are well
are these of any help, I have two in my bathroom and they are great, very solid, great suction and you can remove them when you want, great for the shower! x

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Chrome-Ideaworks-Super-Grip-Suction-Mount-Handle-Car-Cane-for-your-Home-Mobility-/322465868820?hash=item4b1476ac14:g:gmAAAOSwOtdYTz27

cameron
1 year ago

Hi Loulou, good to hear from you and thank you for the link. Would love you to PM me with your news. Hope all is OK your end. How are the SAFOs? My bathroom is now quite stylish and not noticeably ‘disabled’. I found a clever device to go round my shower. It’s called a shower ring and it looks like part of the shower mechanism but is in fact a grab rail. I also found a toilet roll holder that is indistinguishable from a normal stainless steel one but is also a grab rail. So now I’m confident that the next time I fall, it’s not going to be in the bathroom! xxK

Post Comment

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.