Last reply 5 months ago
MS Brain Fog

Hello everyone-

Experiencing “brain fog” for the first time with symptoms including: problems using my words, feeling “fuzzy”, short term memory loss, difficulty focusing, and feeling dizzy/disoriented. Any feedback to similar experiences and how long it lasted for you? Also what you did to help it?

Thanks!

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

stumbler
5 months ago

Hi @denny303 , that’s a difficult question. Unfortunately, we’re all different at how our symptoms affect us and how quickly we can recover. It also depends on how we can “switch off” to let the recovery happen.

There’s some details of this symptom here :-

https://www.mstrust.org.uk/a-z/cognition-and-cognitive-symptoms

aabreu
5 months ago

HI @denny303

One of my Neurologists wanted me to get a neuro psych evaluation to try to tease out the brain fog that is due to the MS and the brain fog due to fatigue. I have been waking up early in the morning for the past few months. Someone suggested that I may be waking up because my blood sugar is getting low. They suggested I eat a healthy fat right before going to bed. Surprisingly, it has helped me stay asleep longer. Although I still have problems, it is less.

tracyd
5 months ago

@denny303
For me when I experienced brain fog, Oxygen Therapy at my local MS therapy centre – walk in gibbering idiot – walk out head clear – I was me again.
It was a temporary fix, 3-4 days clear head and then I would need to go again and ‘blow the cobwebs’ away but while I was waiting for my Lemtrada to start it’s what kept me clear headed xx

denny303
5 months ago

Thank you everyone for the comments, they were all very helpful.
I really enjoy this community.

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.