Last reply 2 weeks ago
MS and the teenage years

Hi there, so lots of recent reports around the EB virus and MS floating around. One of the doctors at the recent Berlin conference (Shift video clip) was specific about linking MS to contracting viruses in the teenage years. So, I had glandular fever really badly when I was fifteen, off school for a month. Anyone else had glandular fever or similar?

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

chezy17
2 weeks ago

I had glandular fever also when I was 20, I’ve also had chicken pox 3 times. It took me a good 2 months to feel normal again after getting that.

vixen
2 weeks ago

Actually @chezy17, I forgot that my sister, who is PPMS, had glandular fever when she was 18 too. That’s three of us. Anyone else?

look
2 weeks ago

Hi, I had glandular fever too when I was 15/16 off school for two months in O level year. I’ve always wondered about a connection to MS, MS diagnosed age 27, (21 years ago).

nutshell88
2 weeks ago

Chickenpox with an extreme hugh fever was off school 2 weeks.

Another time I had lide death fever was off school 3 days.

As a young child 3 years maybe I passed out of fever but I didnt feel it they took me to emergdncy.
Same year passed out of fever drs took something from my spine I still cant get the reason why.

In 2015 passed out of fever in edinburgh summer i was ok that day suddenly my legs failed called emergency stated at hospital 3 days they couldnt find the reason why .

nutshell88
2 weeks ago

And I bet many otgsr viruses i cant recall.

nutshell88
2 weeks ago

Im not sure i understand glandular fever r

nutshell88
2 weeks ago

I had chrcken pots 3 times in different age

A mark of the first is in my tum second my forehead third nobe i was careful.

@chezy17

highlander
2 weeks ago

@vixen
Pull up a sandbag……
I’ve had measles, mumps and chicken pox before I was six, I was dragged round to other infected kids house’s to catch it! For my own good!
Joined the army at 16.5 have been given every vaccination known to man.
Caught glandular fever, that was fun!
Was given NAPS and various other things for GW1 and Malaria tablets.
I’ve had that many tetanus jabs I’m never required to have it again.
Oh and hepatitis jabs.
Flu and pneumonia jabs in the last 2wks.
I’m pretty miffed that I came up trumps with MS!
It’s gonna have a bit of a fight to get me….ahh wait a minute!
Keep smiling!

mamawals
2 weeks ago

I was fine in my teenage years but got mononucleosis (glandular fever) when I was 25. That’s what I get for playing beer pong – MS apparently! 😀

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.