webbexpress 23/04/18
Last reply 1 month ago
MS and the microbiome

I found this video when I was looking around before my lemtrada R1 and found it pretty interesting.

I work with some very knowledgeable people (in the Drug Discovery/Pharma space) who admit very little is known about gut bacteria and its effect on the body. This obviously makes sense for those who manage MS through diet/lifestyle.

Maybe as more and more is discovered about the microbiome, certain dieases could be controlled more easily. Enjoy!

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

janabananaaa
1 month ago

This is so interesting thanks for sharing!

stumbler
1 month ago

@webbexpress , interesting stuff.

mmhhpp
1 month ago

@webbexpress

These kind of videos always make me laugh .

I cannot imagine in 2018 with all the analytical techniques they could get it wrong believe someone has ms when is a food allergy.

MS sucks and the weakening unfortunately I don’t think it is related to a food allergy, if you have ms you have MS , unfortunately there is no way out of that . I wish few “potatoes “ could sort this out

webbexpress
1 month ago

Research into the microbiome is far beyond a food allergy, it’s an area of science that is a mystery to many and one of great interest.

webbexpress
1 month ago

Titles like the video one make me sceptical but there are legitimate points in it

mmhhpp
1 month ago

@webbexpress I agree microbiome is an area to closely follow but the video in my eyes was not very relevant in this area

webbexpress
1 month ago

I can’t remember the exact detail but there’s plenty around diet/toxins that are ingested and so influence the gut bacteria

norm
1 month ago

This video is the worst, I have seen it many times before usually sent from a family member to “cure” my MS. Yes it has valuable info that may help. Animal fats should also be avoided. Lesions in the brain and spinal cord are not removable by going on a diet. Symptoms can be reduced but MS just doesn’t go away forever. That is why it is relapsing.

Post Comment

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.