Last reply 9 months ago
MS

Hi, I forgot to mention something again. A symptom of PP is foot drop on my right foot. I use a leg simulator which counteracts it. I wear the stimulator just below my right knee and there is a switch I wear under my right heel, there is a controller that I wear on a lanyard. It is all wifi which is great. In walking, when I lift my right heel the switch makes the stimulator send an electrical shock down the muscle which makes it contract lifting my toes, no scuffing. It works, last week I did a 1KM circular walk, it took me 2 hours but I managed it.

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

grandma
10 months ago

Great news about the 1km walk, I used to run marathons but am very glad that the last one I did was for a blind runner I guided round the course, the MS hit the next year, glad the stimulator works for you I have just given away my walking boots and the electric wheelchair and I have just started a love/hate relationship, further details later if the relationship doesn’t work! Jill xxx

cameron
9 months ago

Not only is the walk a real achievement in itself but it is the start of building up your muscle strength in the leg, which has likely been compromised to some extent by the MS . My physio is always on about the importance of strengthening and stamina, which she says is vital to ‘maintain function’. So – six months from now, your leg, your gait and overall wellness could be a whole load better!!

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.