Last reply 1 year ago
MRI with contrast

Hi
Was wondering if anyone can advise. Diagnosed in October rrms (MRI without contrast) and offered avonex declined as I wanted something more hard hitting. I’m due to get MRI with contrast in two weeks time and believe I had a relapse over Christmas. My question might seem silly but if contrast shows up active lesions and it’s been over six weeks now will it still show them if you know what I mean?
Thanks

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

katy79
1 year ago

Hello

I don’t think you need new lesions to show up as “active” just to show up as new on your latest MRI. I had numb toes in Feb last year which lead to an MRI of full CNS with contrast in March. This showed a number of lesions, including two enhancing “active” ones. A second MRI in June with contrast showed 1 new lesion. I had had no new clinical symptoms (and my toes were normal again). None of my lesions were enhanced or “active” in the second scan (and a number of old ones showed signs of re-multinational which was marvellous). I was signed off for Lemtrada which I received in August.

The test is “active” RRMS – meaning two relapses in two years. This can be shown by clinical evidence of relapse or new lesions on an MRI (which doesn’t need to be timed so they are “active” when they have their photo taken!). At least that is my understanding. Hope that helps? Good luck. Xxx

katy79
1 year ago

Really-multinational = re-mylination! X

cocofloyd1
1 year ago

Hi @katy79
Thanks very much for your reply. I was just worried if I do infact have new lesions and they weren’t active/enhanced I’d be no further forward. Hoping this MRI shows a clearer picture even just one more lesion sad as that sounds just to get dmt started asap.

Thanks Kellyann 🙂

Post Comment

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.