yuma 04/01/17
Last reply 1 year ago
Moving house – what about my MS nurse??

Morning all! I hope you are all having as good a day as you can. <3

I am moving house very soon and whilst writing out a lil to do list for myself it occurred to me – if I move to a different area, does that mean I will be given a different MS nurse? I quite love my current nurse, I actually don’t want to lose her…

Yuma x

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

stumbler
1 year ago

@yuma , MS Nurses can cover quite a wide area, but they are part of a team that includes your Neuro. Will you be changing your Neuro as well?

yuma
1 year ago

@stumbler hey you! 🙂 I won’t be changing my neuro as I was lucky enough to have a choice in my hospital when I was diagnosed, not related to catchment area – so wherever I live, I keep the same neuro. but my MS nurse was assigned to me based on my area, so was a bit concerned about losing her

stumbler
1 year ago

@yuma . have a word with her. She might be willing to continue ongoing telephone/email support, but it might be unfair to ask her to consider excessive mileage to see you personally.

No harm in asking. 😉

tracyd
1 year ago

I moved from Hampshire to Berkshire, so different health authorities, in reality it’s actually less than 10 miles from my previous address. Both my MS nurse and my neurologist agreed that as I’m fully mobile and capable of getting to them I can stay on both their lists without needing to change to new people.
This makes me very happy, I’ve put 2 years work into training them, we meet up when I need to over coffee and a sandwich at lunch time on the back of a phone call or a text message outside of the usual appointment booking process and I buy becuase it’s convineient for me. I wouldn’t want to have to start again 🙂 xx

yuma
1 year ago

@stumbler ahh she literally never travels to me – I always see her at the hospital, so fingers crossed she says yes! 🙂

yuma
1 year ago

@tracyd sorry for the very late response, but your comment has made me very very hopeful – thank you!

Post Comment

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.