Last reply 9 months ago
More energy: tips or tricks?

Hi everyone,

I have a question for all really tired people here. What did help you to get a bit more energy? I already discovered working out really helps (running, swimming, cycling, physiotherapy during the winter). I try to spend more time outside and bought an electric bike, which really makes cycling fun again. I even can bring my daughter to school once in a while.
What gives you more energy?

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

spunky
10 months ago

Coffee and working out helps me!

potter
10 months ago

I have found that a 5 to 15 minute nap in the middle of the day turns on a energy switch. To long of nap will make you groggy. I also do about a hours worth of stretches and Tai Chi, but haven’t been able to do much since my relapse. If I do the whole routine the numbing over half my body returns. So I am starting out with a few exercises and adding more as the weeks progress. Potter

noelie
10 months ago

@buitenmus

exercise is a big yes, as long as you don’t overdo it 😉

i find that watching your diet also help. Avoiding saturated fat, which just take too much energy to digest, i’d rather keep that energy for something else.

And taking regular breaks in the day to recharge the battery (breaks before you’re tired that is)

buitenmus
10 months ago

Thanks! Small naps, haven’t tried that yet, cause 1 hour naps indeed make me groggy. Ans saturated fat, maybe I have to look into that. We eat quiet healthy but I can always do better 😉

mlm85
9 months ago

I go to the gym… a lot! I love weights and HIIT style workouts. When i start to get weakness in my legs i just adjust the exercise to suit… i cant run anymore unfortunately due to not trusting my feet as i cant coordinate them very well anymore.

anthonystark86
9 months ago

I would recommend taking small naps during the day for sure. I take vitamin b12 supplements too, but after taking them for half a year myself, I’d be too sceptical to recommend them.

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.