Last reply 1 year ago
Migraine medication

Hi, I don’t get migraines but since Christmas (I had a bad eye episode), my eyes are painful and are light sensitive with lots of floaters. I was told it wasn’t ON which I didn’t think it would be because I’ve had that before.
My neuro wants me to start migraine medication which will hopefully help the pain of the eyes that I’m experiencing. I get sharp spasm pains in my eyes, left one is worse and then it feels like there is a ball rattling around behind the eyes. I have a tint on my glasses which detracts the light too but only helps so much.

Is migraine medication common for this type of thing, or even common in people with ms?

Thank you.

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

rachelw
1 year ago

Hi chloe I too get migraines and have had since getting MS over 20 years ago. I don’t get them all the time so just take migralieve pink tablets when I get one and they really work.

I also find taking evening primrose oil capsules helps as this evens out hormone shifts which for me is a trigger.

Might be worth trying first to see if these help.

Good luck whatever you choose and I hope you find something to make you feel better

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.