Last reply 2 weeks ago
Meeting other MSers in London

Hi everyone,

I have been organising monthly meet ups in London and we are meeting again on Tuesday in Royal Festival Hall at the Southbank Centre. The meet up is relaxed, just an opportunity to meet others over a drink and is generally from 6pm-8pm but you can come and go as you wish.

We’ll be at a table in the cafe on the river side of the Centre (not the bar with the foyer in front). The meet up was started by the MS Society so I’ll have a bag on a chair so that you can spot us!

Kim

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

vixen
8 months ago

Hi there, to be honest, I did turn up to the November mtg but it was really, really busy there and a bit overwhelming asIdidnt know whoI was looking for so I turned round and went home again! You had posted your phone number butI had left my phone at work….

kimiblanc
8 months ago

@vixen – so sorry to hear about November and that you forgot your phone – hopefully you can join us another time soon 🙂

sukh
8 months ago

Hey Kim – sounds good. I will be joining for the first time tomorrow. Look forward to meeting you all 🙂

ammatime
8 months ago

Hi there, do many people attend this event?

kimiblanc
8 months ago

@sukh – Look forward to seeing you later!

kimiblanc
8 months ago

@ammatime – Hi! We generally have a group of 8-10 attending the meet ups 🙂

kimiblanc
8 months ago

We are to the left of the riverside cafe (if you’re facing the riverside cafe and river behind you) by the big screen.

ammatime
8 months ago

Thanks. What date is the next one?

easycleanpress
8 months ago

This sounds great – I will also be looking out for dates. Can you believe I have never actually knowingly spoken to anyone with MS?!

kimiblanc
8 months ago

@ammatime – the next one is on Tuesday 6th Feb – Hope to see you there!

kimiblanc
8 months ago

@easycleanpress – hello! I guess there’s a first time for everything 🙂 It would be great to have you join!

I nervous the first time I attended something like this as I wasn’t sure what to expect but everyone is so friendly and relaxed – and I now organise them!

The next one is on Tuesday 6th Feb and March date is likely to be Monday 12th but keep an eye out here for confirmed dates – I’ll be posting in advance.

Kim

blathnaid
8 months ago

Hi Kim, this sounds really good. I am going to try to attend one in the coming months.

kimiblanc
7 months ago

@blathnaid – great! Look forward to seeing you at one of our meet ups 🙂

ammatime
2 months ago

Kim , what l meant was would it be possible to have one of your meetups at the pub mentioned?

kimiblanc
1 month ago

@ammatime, that’s a great idea and were thinking about arranging this. I’ve asked if 10th september or 9th october might work for them 🙂

Kim

kimiblanc
2 weeks ago

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to let you know that our next meet up is on Monday! Same place – Southbank Centre, and same time – 6 to 8pm.

Hope to see some of you there,
K x

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.