Last reply 1 year ago
Meet Up London

Hi All, I am new this. I was diagnosed last March with RRMS, I would really like to meet other MSer’s support. Since being diagnosed I kinda buried my head in the sand although I have being following the OMS programme and I am due to start Lemtrada at the end of the month. I feel I only have my partner to talk to about my diagnoses & being brutally honest I think at times it gets to him me rabbiting on, so my new years resolution is to try to go out meet other people……

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

stumbler
1 year ago

Hi @blathnaid , it is difficult to talk about MS to someone who has limited knowledge of the condition. It is why us MSers acknowledge that no-one knows MS better than someone who suffers from MS.

So, yes, it would be beneficial for you to get out and meet others with MS. And, there’s so many of us out there, possibly a neighbour just down the road…….

Given that you are newly diagnosed and are due to start Lemtrada, then your prognosis must be encouraging. Hopefully, MS will soon become a case of, “yes, I used to have that!” for you.

sarahshift
1 year ago

Hi @blathnaid There is a meet up happening in London tomorrow evening – https://shift.ms/meet-ups/central-london-meet

I believe this regular meet up is usually well attended. I hope you go along and meet some other MSers to chat to.

blathnaid
1 year ago

I would really love to go tomorrow p.m, however I have a 3mth old & I am super tired come last afternoon. Let me see how tomorrow goes. x

blathnaid
1 year ago

That is just so positive I would be over the moon if Lemtrada does the job & nips this MS in the butt!!! I so need to meet people for my own sanity…

brittany-leigh
1 year ago

What kind of symptoms have you been experiencing? I have RRMS also, after just having my 2nd child I have been experiencing a lot of different symptoms. Spaced out, fatigue, and to top all that off, my medication was giving me upset stomach & making me feel even more spaced out

thecuriosity
1 year ago

Hi @blathnaid, there is a London shift ms group that i often try to get meetups organised for (i’m afraid that last year they dropped off a bit as i was out and about for work) but i’d really like to get them going again.

is that something you’d be interested in if you’re feeling more up to it?

also, having just added you i see you’re local to an area i used to live in! so if you happen to just fancy a chat nearby i could pop up to put a face to a name and have a chat. I know there is an MS society group that meets at the CUFOS -http://cufos.org.uk/Calendar.html on the last Sunday of the month from 10-1, which may also be of interest?

Post Comment

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.