Last reply 1 year ago
Medication?

Me again,

I was as previously mentioned on Avonex for five years, ten put into Gilenya,it has been months of feeling bad due to the drug lowering my white blood count, I have since been old to take every second day which is better,but he white count only bumps up to .2 or.3_still to low.
I have had another MRI which shows no change from last year, so proves the way I have been is the drug!
Now I am told they wish to try me on either Techdifera or Tysabri? But I am not keen on either!
What is the risk of opting for nothing? And has anyone chosen that?

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

stumbler
1 year ago

@kea21 , doing nothing may be a bad idea. If the meds are preventing your MS from progressing, then this is a good thing. Stopping puts you at risk of a relapse, which may be disabling. Progression isn’t always reversible.

Techfidera and Tysabri seem to be well tolerated, subject to some possible lifestyle changes (timing of meals) with Techfidera.

But, you are on one of the stronger medications now, so it would seem logical to consider Lemtrada as well. This may be more acceptable to you.

tracyd
1 year ago

@kea21
It’s a hard one to answer, it’s a personal answer to each and every one of us.
Your disease isn’t currently running rampant so the medication you’re on is clearly doing something right. And Hey it ‘aint broke so don’t fix it ….
Tecfidera and Tysabri are both effective medications (Lemtrada is in my opinion the Rolls Royce of treatments and kicks Tec and Ty’s arse for speed, convenience and effectiveness)

You have a friend request, Im ahppy to share contact details if you want someone to talk to about Lemtrada or Beagles 🙂

This is the my lovely Amber – Dog’s daddy ……. (Or Dialynne Festive as per her breed papers)

http://www.dialynne.co.uk/dogpge.php?dog=3

kea21
1 year ago

Hi Stumbler,

Thanks,Cant say I keen on that one either from what I have just read!
The lesser of the other two seems Techdifera?
Which my MS Nurse is keen on,But the Neurologist evidently is more interested on Tysabri ?
As mch as I hate that Damn syringe I would rather go back to the Avonex,But I guess that is not going to be an otption?
Another 10_15years and it won’t really matter!
Yes I am depressed and angry!

potter
1 year ago

I have been on Tecfidera now for three years, I started on it because I was having problems with skin rejection. I may have to opt out on DMT’s my husband want to retire and I haven’t found any insurance I can afford. You can try the Tec and see how you get along with it and see it it helps. If you are fairly young you could look into Lemtrada. You can’t tell how long you might live, I had a aunt who died recently who was 75 from lymphoma, she had MS for 35 years. Potter

Anonymous
1 year ago

just possibly the symptom you should be asking about is the depression & anger ?
they can f**k you up faster than the MS

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.