Last reply 8 months ago
Mavenclad

Anyone taking Mavenclad??? It was just approved in Canada and my neurologist suggested I start this treatment. Just looking for some info on side effects ??

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

stumbler
9 months ago

@momoftwo , there’s been a few posts on the subject of Cladribine (Mavenclad). Use the Forum Search function (Magnifying glass towards the top left of the page) and search for “Cladribine”.

edmontonalberta
9 months ago

Approved in Canada for RRMS. Good luck…

mmhhpp
9 months ago

I hope to get soon on it!!! Fingers cross. It is a promising drug. No very nasty secondary effects. Xx

momoftwo
9 months ago

Thanks stumber but I was actually hoping to talk to someone who is currently taking the meds.

poppy12
9 months ago

Hi @momoftwo I just googled Mavenclad and if and when it was approved in Europe and hence the UK (many Shift peeps are UK based I think).

Result: Mavenclad was only approved over here in late August this year. Because of this, I think there will be very few people with experience of it but the numbers will be raising.

You will be one of the trailblazers. Good luck, the stats look promising x

edgarleroy
9 months ago

I’ve completed the full course of the injectable form of cladribine. Very easy to tolerate – highly recommend. I continued work each day after taking the shots at home at night. The drug clears out a day after each dose, but the effects last years.

aabreu
8 months ago

Hi edgarleroy
How did you get treatment? in San Diego?
Has the treatment stopped your MS?

edgarleroy
8 months ago

@aabreu I took the injectable form of cladribine as an off-label MS treatment. The people at Barts in London have developed a protocol that I followed. I got my neuro to prescribe the drug, found a speciality pharmacy in Sacramento that would sell it to me and I did the sub-Q injections at home. It was easy for me to tolerate, I was able to not miss any work days and there is minimal blood monitoring required.

Has it stopped my MS? I am pretty sure that it has slowed it down a lot in the 1.5 years since I started. My MS is the non-relapsing type, so it’s not easy to tell. I am also taking simvastatin as a potential neuroprotectant and 300mg/day of biotin. I really wish that I could have taken it back in the 80’s or 90’s, before I had so much nerve damage.

The fact that cladribine is a small molecule that gets into the brain and lymph nodes to slowly deplete the B- & T-cells makes me think that this drug has the best chance to slow down progressive MS.

The Barts website has lots of info about cladribine: http://multiple-sclerosis-research.blogspot.com/2015/12/cladribine4ms.html

It took a fair amount of effort to get this going. Most people were not at all comfortable letting me self-inject an IV cancer drug at home. Send me a pm if you want more info.

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.