Last reply 5 days ago
Making a baby!!!

Hi,
This is my first time on here and I’m going in with both feet and a big question.
I’m thinking about becoming a mummy 😮
I’ve wanted children for a long time and have finally met a wonderful man.
Thing is, I’m 43.
Are there any older mummy’s out there who have tried and been successful?
How are you coping with being a mummy and dealing with your MS?
Any answers will be gratefully received especially as time is pressing 😂😜

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

stumbler
1 week ago

Hi @clairabella and welcome.

This is one of your life’s aspirations, so don’t let MS get in the way, You’ll manage.

So, get on with that baby-making………..

clairabella
1 week ago

Thanks stumbler xx

grandma
1 week ago

@clairebella – oh how things have changed. I’m nearly 63′ my daughter is 39 so age difference is 24 years, I was told, 39 years ago that I was an old mother at 24 for a first one, average age at the time for ‘prinagravidara’ (impressed hey, I even remember the terminology’ was 17! Go for it, I wish you the very best of luck, age and ms be hanged anyone who wants to should and should get all the help both in managing the deed and caring for the result.😍

mamawals
6 days ago

I have three kids, and the youngest was born just shy of my 40th birthday. For me, pregnancy was great for my MS. Now, though, the fatigue can be challenging but things are still doable. If you have a partner, go for it! I do think it would be hard to be a single mom and have MS, but plenty of people do it so if that’s your situation and you really want it then I’m sure you’ll find a way to do it. Good luck!

shtanto
6 days ago

It’ll be worth getting yourself checked so the kid doesn’t end up with any genetic conditions if this is at all possible. Can you get screening done on the NHS? You can use Low Dose Naltrexone throughout the pregnancy to keep the MS off if it does try the sharp end. Otherwise, best of luck with it 🙂

clairabella
5 days ago

Thank you all so much for your comments, I’ll keep you posted if I start baking a tiny person!!
Stay well everyone 😘

avengr13
5 days ago

@clairabella I had been diagnosed at 23 and decided to have my baby at 30. I felt absolutely wonderful after the few months of morning sickness. I glowed and my happiness showed through. The worst was after she was born and I was so tired. Make sure you have a lot of help lined up. As usual, take care of yourself so you can be a great mom!

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.