mmhhpp 02/03/18
Last reply 4 months ago
Ma uk

@stumbler
Do you know from this forum where in the uk there are more ms sufferers?

How many eg area manchester peak district vs oxford London??

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

There are no categories assigned yet.

stumbler
4 months ago

@mmhhpp , I’m sure the Shift membership could be analysed, but it just wouldn’t give a representative sample.

I know Scotland is a hotbed for MS, as is Canada, which fits with the consensus that the further from the Equator, the higher the incidence of MS.

mmhhpp
4 months ago

Thanks @stumbler
I was living near manchester when i think ms started just wondering

lorri57
4 months ago

I live in Devon would be interesting to compare with other places in UK

aabreu
4 months ago

I wonder if the further from the equator the better the healthcare.

grandma
4 months ago

Dear all, very interested in post about MS in Saudi Arabia. According to the post incidences there are twice our national average, and yet several years ago when I had relapse I’n Canary Islands they did a lot of chin scratching cos they hadn’t really heard of it being so far south, in fact they telephoned mainland Spain for advice. Something to think about?

reddivine
4 months ago

And just to throw in my 6p worth, of course, those numbers would only show where the membership of shift lived.
So not the ppl with diagnosed MS who are NOT on shift.
Not the ppl maybe in 3rd world countries where healthcare is poor and they are just not diagnosed?

I’m sure the MS Society will have done some research on this topic.

arbee
4 months ago

My MS nurse told me that my area (Herefordshire) has the highest percentage of MS sufferers in England and is on a par with Scotland

scramblelina
4 months ago

@grandma Maybe something to do with a lack of vit d? Saudi women are mostly completely covered so unlikely to be getting much direct sunshine so little to no natural ability for the body to produce vit d and possibly not much supplementation.

Post Comment

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.