doubleo7hud 21/02/17
Last reply 12 months ago
Lumber puncture day (ouch me back!)

Ey up,

As today is national lumber violating day with a big needle, one has decided to write a blow by blow account of the pleasantries that are the lumber puncture. Iv been avoiding reading 📖 up on this subject on purpose as to not act like a little girl, any tips and tricks are more than welcome tho as the nervous turtles 🐢 head is starting to poke out slightly. Thank you and tune in later for another episode of “ouch me back!”

Peace ✌️

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

stumbler
12 months ago

@doubleo7hud , caffeinated drinks help your recovery from this procedure. So a proper Cola (not sugar-free, lo-cal, etc) or even Red Bull.

Hope it goes well for you.

sunrise82
12 months ago

Hi @doubleo7hud

I had a lumbar puncture last February. I like you was nervous and not sure what to expect. I was awake when I had mine and you have to be honest with the doctor if you need more anaesthetic injected into area. This will make you relax more and the procedure will be quicker. I did have to rest for a good week after and I agree with @stumbler drink lots of caffeine drinks after because it promotes the regulation of the spinal fluid again. You will be fine all the best.

Anonymous
12 months ago

I actually enjoyed my lumber puncture, it released some excess fluid & made me feel a lot better within seconds, getting rid of a headache I’d had for ages.
just turn over & relax your back in the safe knowledge they have done loads of these before,

doubleo7hud
12 months ago

Thanks everyone, the caffeine injections have commenced and i am high as a bloody kite I can’t see me sleeping for a week iv hit the three coffee mark already feeling alert 🚨 and ready to rock out with me cock aht!!!!

Avvvv itttt ahhhh!!

Back to work for now…..

red-suzuki
12 months ago

All the best @doubleo7hud….Well as tog1 says it’ll help get rid of that excess fluid for you after so much caffeine injection, Lumbar Punctures work really well on pregnant ladies & look what they have to go through. & on the + side you do get a lay down,,,,….From what I remember having one before, is don’t sneeze or let out any gas….basically don’t move…..

gates1989
12 months ago

I was beyond nervous when I had mine, I got myself in a state and I was in tears before she even got started! I had maximin anaesthetic and I’ll be totally honest, I could not feel a single thing! It was a breeze! You’ll be fine good luck!

marcyg921
12 months ago

I was really nervous before my lumber puncture (even more so than I was before I went in for treatment) but everything went fine, barely felt anything, though I did get a massive headache afterwards which soon cleared up.

tracyd
12 months ago

@doubleo7hud
The Caffiene is for AFTER the LP to help replace the spinal fluid they took
Hope it went well xxx

cocofloyd1
12 months ago

@doubleo7hud
I drank loads of water before as told then made to wait 5 hours lol so was in and out toilet most of day! Then coffee and water after procedure and had a wee nap. Hope it went well for you😊

doubleo7hud
12 months ago

On way now a lie down would be nice 👍 looking forward to it now after a busy morning at t’office. take me spinal fluid I’m out of work and I’m gonna nap all a plus 😀

Anonymous
12 months ago

I’d never heard about the caffine bit
not that it matters to me as caffine, nicotene, alcohol & chocolate are the basic foods stuffs my body needs 🙂

doubleo7hud
12 months ago

Only could this happen to me failed lumber puncture my backs too muscular 😆💪😆 was not uncomfortable just like a string being pulled in me back nowt to worry about. I think the doctor kept hitting my fart clapper nerve tho I had no control over it at all it felt like I needed to shat then phhhhhweeeeerrrrppp! Is that what you ment when you said you felt relief @tog1 a good job I have no shame.

doubleo7hud
12 months ago

I do not recommend laughing historically when there is a giant needle in your spine

tracyd
12 months ago

@doubleo7hud

That sucks 🙁

I didn’t mention how many attempts it took to get mine done. Don’t remember a fart clapper nerve, I do remember the Eric Cantona nerve …… which made me try to kick the head off the Doctor standing in front of me 🙂

doubleo7hud
12 months ago

It’s all good off to special ms unit next stop to have it X-ray guided and get treatment if all goes to plan. I can’t grumble it’s only been a couple of months some poor buggers don’t get diagnosed for ages iv been lucky so far.

cocofloyd1
12 months ago

Oh no that’s rubbish @doubleo7hud hope next times more successful! @tracyd they must have hit my cantona nerve too cos I just missed doctors face too haha he’d the cheek to say “oh don’t move”

doubleo7hud
12 months ago

So iv escaped and headed straight to the nearest mac Donald’s drive thru ahhhh I’m lovin it!!!

doubleo7hud
12 months ago

home now after a long ish afternoon at the hospital a few tips for those that ha e not had a lumber puncture as of yet.

Tip one:- don’t worry it’s not bad at all really hardly feel a thing

Tip two:- keep hydrated by drinking water before lumber puncture but not too much so you need to wee half way through and don’t drink coffee before like I did like a num nuts. Drink it after

Tip three:- don’t laugh when the needle is in your back stay as still as possible

Tip four:- take boredom fending devices e.g. Books and croquet and stuff like that

red-suzuki
12 months ago

🙂 :_)……tee hee, croquet, wifey will be impresses…..l’m lovin it…….well sounds like you went through the mill, but you did come out the other side.

doubleo7hud
12 months ago

I din’t take croquet just first thing that popped in my head 😂

Post Comment

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.