peterfrancis 04/04/18
Last reply 2 months ago
Low Vitamin D Levels

Has anyone else had Blood Tests taken which have discovered low levels of Vitamin D?.
Vitamin D levels should be 50 or more in the average person yet mine was a measly 14, not sure about the importance of Vitamin D levels in terms of what can happen to you.

Anyway I’m now also taking Vit. D supplements every morning, becoming a regular pill popper, lol.

People have said get more sun…. Yeah that’d be great but what those people don’t realise is, I live in the North West of England where the Sun is illegal.

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

stumbler
2 months ago

@peterfrancis , MS and VitaminD3 deficiency seem to go hand in hand.

A fair few of us are taking 5,000iu a day, if not higher, which is somewhat higher than the Recommended Daily Allowance (RDA).

tracyd
2 months ago

I eat vitamin D’s like sweeties – low Vit-D is very common in the U.K. as we have no proper consistent sunshine it’s particularly prevelent in people with MS

polinezia1
2 months ago

I take vit D supplements once a week a dose of 20000 prescribed by my neurologist. It’s called Dekristol here in germany

rich034
2 months ago

Hi

This was what leaded to me finding out I had ms after a long period of messing around

Went to docs feeling low and tired my vit d was so so low there was no reading at all

Took the tablets they gave me felt a little better but still had the fatigue and aches a few months later and more tests and there we go you have ms 🙁

peterfrancis
2 months ago

I take 1 capsule of invita D3 every morning with my first Gabapentin Tablet. It says on the packaging that it contains 800 IU Colecalciferol which is equivalent to 0.02 mg of vitamin D3…. Whether I need more or not, no idea as of yet.

briant
2 months ago

There a professor in Cambridge university doing research on vitamin D

robl
2 months ago

Hi peter Francis,

I take one 5000iu colecalciferol capsule every morning. Diagnosed with RRMS in 2014 and felt lethargic for years previously. I felt like a superhero for the first week of taking it! That didnt last but i suppose id feel much worse without it now!

Post Comment

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.