Last reply 1 year ago
Loss of hearing

I was recently diagnosed with M.S therefore new to symptoms and appreciate any help from you all.
For those of you who have suffered with facial numbness, have any of you had loss of hearing?
Thanks
Rae, Chesterfield, Derbyshire UK

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

stumbler
1 year ago

phill_mogridge
1 year ago

I’ve experienced this, not long after my initial relapse I had a second shorter one which included me going completely deaf in my right ear which I was a bit worried about as had read that its quite uncommon for MS to affect hearing (not sure why that was said to me, considering MS can pretty much affect anything).

Once the docs confirmed I was having another relapse (and there was no wax build up in the ear) they got me on steroids and I went back to normal in a couple of days. Although, I must say I’ve not experienced any facial numbness myself.

sonia1984
1 year ago

Yes I have during a relapse where I was suffering with complete numbness on the right side of my face. My hearing loss would come and go during this particular relapse. Mine cleared up once I was on the steroids.

kea21
1 year ago

Hi, I to have had a loss of hearing in my right ear, my last major episode caused three more leasons in the cerebral and the loss of hearing,it has also left me with a ahhh! Sound which when fatigue tired gets louder,in my head not ear.
Paracetamol helps tone this down.

tracyd
1 year ago

@rae2802
It’s one of those things that are listed down in my symptoms at the times I was relapsing with sensation loss to the left hand side of my torso and head / neck. As Stumbler has directed it is part of the known huge list of htings that MS can have an effect on, You need to let your Team know about this as a symptom it gives information about where to look for lesions on MRI’s xx

rae2802
1 year ago

Thank you everyone xx

rebenmt2
1 year ago

Hi rae2802,
Hope you are doing well. MS is such a disease which impacts the whole body, you should get treatment for it based on the symptoms you have. Therapies might help you to ease MS attacks and to slow the disease. Hereby I’m sharing an article which is on the effects of MS on the body system ( http://www.healthline.com/health/multiple-sclerosis/effects-on-the-body ). Hope this will help you. My sister is also suffering from MS. Hearing loss was the thing which troubled her a lot and then she got a temporary custom ear molds ( http://www.westsideaudiology.com/services/custom-ear-molds/ ) as per the advice of her audiologist. I think a proper care and treatment can reduce the intensity of the problems due to MS.

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.