Anonymous 21/01/13
Last reply 5 years ago
Looking for support

Hello.

Since the New Year MS has literally gate crashed into my life and Iā€™m looking for support. Physically Iā€™m doing much better, emotionally not so good šŸ™ to put in mildly. Iā€™m 31 and live in Staffordshire and would like to get in touch with people if possible.

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ā€˜xā€™.

There are no categories assigned yet.

stumbler
5 years ago

Well, @sandwich , you’ve come to the right place. There’s a bunch of like-minded people here, who range from suspected MS awaiting diagnosis, through to some more mature members, some of whom have had this condition for a number of years.
Getting a diagnosis of MS is a major life-changing event, which makes you sit back and re-evaluate everything you know and your aspirations for the future.
Yes, OK, it’s MS, which is enough to worry anyone. But, this condition isn’t terminal. It’s prognosis is a mystery for most people. No-one can tell you exactly what may or may not happen.
What I can tell you is that stress and worry seems to feed MS and allows it to take control.
So, you’ll probably have lots of questions, which hopefully we can try and answer. Otherwise, take some time out to familiarise yourself with MS.
It’s a manageable condition. So, be kind to yourself as you embark on this emotional rollercoaster journey from diagnosis to acceptance of that diagnosis. But, try not to worry.

aileen
5 years ago

Hi @sandwich. I’ve only been diagnosed a month at this stage so I’m in a similar boat. Welcome to the site, everyone here is brilliant, so friendly and supportive. I’m pretty emotionally messed up too, not about the MS but I get confused easily and I’ve wicked mood swings! It is getting easier though I think I’m learning to just let it be and stop stressing myself by trying to fight it. Anyway, just wanted to say hi, Stumbler there has pretty much said everything I’d say so I’ll just echo it šŸ™‚

f3ng5hu1
5 years ago

You found a good place here.

Welcome to the site! Feel free to post up any query’s or concerns you have or just socialize! We are all in this together.

Stay positive, focus on the what is not what could be’s.

femke
5 years ago

Just treat yourself with kindness it’s difficult for all of us at the moment it’s a very depri time of year for us msers . Again rest and be gentle with yourself not long before the daffs come again and hopefully some sun ! All the best femke xx

reddivine
5 years ago

Hi there sandwich, I am reddivine and live in Telford which is not a million miles away. You will find there is a local branch of the MS Society, try the national website for info & research. But I’m up for a chat anytime.

lib67
5 years ago

Hi Sandwich,

I live in Staffordshire too, was diagnosed last March.

I’m 45 and have just decided to join my local group next month they meet in a pub so it sounded good.

I’ve had loads of life changes due to my MS……so if you need to talk please do let me know.

Libby šŸ™‚

james7
5 years ago

Well said @stumbler, your words of advice have helped me put things into perspective.
Welcome to the site, @sandwich. I know what you mean, I go through a rollercoaster of emotions all the time. When times get tough , I look to the great things in my life: my family, friends and the beauty of life. šŸ™‚ Whenever anyone wants to chat about what you are going through , I am here in support. James

kerrylousie
5 years ago

Hi sandwich, I am in south staffs if ever u want to meet xx

Post Comment

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.