Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

There are no categories assigned yet.

tonyray75
6 months ago

@fayed90 it’s hard to explain to people who don’t feel it daily. Sending good thoughts your way.

stumbler
6 months ago

Hi @fayed90 , that’s exactly the driving force behind Shift.MS, to provide a support network for the younger person.

So, please feel free to ask any questions and you’ll soon feel less lonely. 😉

fayed90
6 months ago

Very true, thank you

nutshell88
6 months ago

Ive been abroad to the uk 3 years i was away from my family in saudi i felt the lonliness since i was alone that was 7 yrs after dagnosed studied worked alone distract yourself have fun and avoid over thinking try to live ur life as before daignosed best u can.
Ur gorgeous and young life is long and longer and harder with worries. No one knows everything about ms not even drs.

Be safe

edmontonalberta
6 months ago

@fayed90

Unless your personality changes due to fear, paranoia, etc… You have the exact same support you had before diagnosis. I just tell people that I have MS but it is no big deal (because it is not to me) & they treat me the same as they always have.

For example I was in a meeting yesterday; my bladder told me “30 seconds or less” so I walked away in the middle of a conversation. When I came back I told the person that MS gives me no time for a polite explanation & apologized for walking off. He said it was fine with him & we continued the meeting…

hollylb10
6 months ago

Don’t ever feel alone, you are not! x
When you are first diagnosed you feel like your the only person in the world with this awful disease. I felt like a freak, I didn’t want anyone to know. What I discovered is more people than I realised were fighting their own battle, whether it be MS or something else. MS taught me to look after my mind and body, also to show more compassion to others 🙂

cammo
6 months ago

@fayed90 even the Neuros don’t really know much about this illness so don’t feel dismayed. I felt really unsupported when I was first diagnosed but it got better, especially with this site.
I think your feelings are normal.
Hang in there

Post Comment

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.