Last reply 2 months ago
Local meet – Sheffield

Hi everyone
We have a local meet for anyone and everyone who wants to come.

It is in the Showroom Cafe on 3rd Feb at 12.30 and we have the whole venue booked for ourselves. At the moment there is about 20 of us going, some people who are new to Shift, some who are new to MS and some old familiars.

We’d love you to come – please send me a message if you’re interested

Zoe

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

kitty369
4 months ago

Interested 😀

grandma
4 months ago

I’ll come on the train from Stoke if it isn’t too far from the station. Info please.

ianc
4 months ago

@zoeb
Really fancy this what a great idea I’m just over the Snake so not to far to come, have googled the cafe but it’s given me a few cafes so will need the address or postcode please
Thanks Zoe

zoeb
4 months ago

@kitty369 – please get in touch with me by private message and I’ll send some more details to you – 🙂 or just turn up on the day

Look forward to hear from you xx

zoeb
4 months ago

@grandma – it’s about 2 mins from the station.

Here’s the address and website of the venue

https://www.showroomworkstation.org.uk/info/find-us

We are all meeting at 12.30 on 3rd Feb – would be brilliant if you could come.
Please personal message me if you think you’d like to join us and I’ll grab your details so I can take what you’d like to eat 🙂

zoeb
4 months ago

@ianc – so glad you’d like to come.
Super accessible in Sheffield – just pop over from Snake and you’ll find it on the one way system.

Here’s the website and the address
https://www.showroomworkstation.org.uk/info/find-us

Let me know if you want to come along and in a personal message and I can send my email address 🙂

dvtrv
4 months ago

@zoeb

What a shame I live in Manchester.

Hope it turns out to be a great even.

Be nice to talk to people who’ll have some kind of an idea of what you’re talking about rather than, well you know, the usual.

zoeb
4 months ago

Might you want to get the train? There might be people coming from Manchester – keep an eye out for a possible car share!! We will do more days – I know we are trying to grow more meet ups in the north so keep an eye out for them advertised on here 🙂

grandma
4 months ago

@dvtrv living in Mancester shouldn’t stop you. I live in Stoke and I’m going, can’t get there at lunchtime cos there’s no trains on a Sunday, so either have to get there at 2.00 in the morning or 2.00 in the afternoon. Shall have to see if I can persuade a friend that they who’d love a trip to Sheffield on a Sunday!✌🏼😍

zoeb
4 months ago

@grandma I’m really pleased you are wanting to come along. MS can be so isolating and it’s really good we are all making the effort to get together.

I sent out a doodle poll to get the best date for this one with initial attendees – with the next one we can try and get something more suitable for you as well 🙂

zoeb
4 months ago

Just had a look and there are some trains from Stoke – you would need to change in Manchester. I can send you more details @grandma if you are interested.

I think there’s a suitable one at 10.52
🙂

dvtrv
4 months ago

@grandma

I think I may find it a tad daunting to be quite honest.

I’m waiting to to see/feel/notice the affects of switching from a much loved 7 years of bring on Tysabri to Mavenclad.

Not this time and thank you @zoeb I hope to be in a position to consider this in the future.

I’ll request you as a friend on here if I may so I don’t forget to speak up should I decide to join at some point, assuming it’s still a thing.

Thank you

grandma
4 months ago

I’ve done the same, I can get easily to Manchester from Stoke and can go from there, unless you know someone whose going from M and has a spare seat? Nothing like being cheeky, if you don’t ask, you don’t get🤞🎉😍

strictlysoca
4 months ago

Thanks for organising Zoe. Looking forward to a (fill in collective noun) of MSers.

Question – if a group of hippos is a crash then what is the collective noun for a group of MSers?

ianc
4 months ago

Hi @zoeb, I have the address now for the workstation and will be coming. I am hoping that my wife Liz will also come along, as long as we can off load the kids see you on the 3rd

grandma
4 months ago

I’ve looked it up and apart from a town in New Zealand and a restaurant group we don’t fall foul if we call ourselves a Masterson of mser, all the letters are included. What do folks think?🙏🏻🥂😛😍

zoeb
4 months ago

@dvtrv – absolutely. We will be running the sessions hopefully every couple of months or so and I’ll advertise again on here. I completely understand and will let you know next time as well.

All the best and please reach out for anything else. I have a blog too – so come and keep in touch

http://www.ms-warriors.com

zoeb
4 months ago

@ianc I can see if anyone else is coming from M but the only person I know isn’t coming this time and I’m not sure she drives…. ha ha ha

zoeb
4 months ago

Oops that was meant to be @grandma not @ianc

So correction. Good news @ianc would love to meet your wife as well. Please look at the menu on the website and let me know what you’d like to eat if you’d like foods. No deposit – just to help their kitchen order in.

Also @grandma looking forward to meeting you!!

@strictlysoca that name sounds good to me but think crash would also be a good name for us too!!! Ha ha ha

strictlysoca
4 months ago

a masterson of MSers? Sounds a bit Masonic @grandma. I thought may be a wobble of MSers 🤪

Excited to meet everyone.

@doubleo7hud trip out? Will be driving over’t south side badlands if you need a lift 😎

grandma
4 months ago

@strictlysoca wobble is a good one, so I think a campaign for a collective (tongue in cheek) name of a wobble is a good idea. Vote with your posts folks🎉🤙🥂😍

doubleo7hud
4 months ago

@strictlysoca the answer is MSdebators ™ 😂 I think a reet fancy a trip aht il let thee know a little bit closer tet time. Just keep reminding me please 😂 can’t belive theres 20 people local ish sounds like a good do.

grandma
4 months ago

@zoeb trying to send you a private message to request a copy if menu. It won’t accept me for some reason. Can you send me a pm request so we can talk?🤞👏😍

zoeb
4 months ago

@grandma I’ll give it a try now! And @strictlysoca – great name. We will keep it!! Please join us – would love to see everyone.
Zoe

stumbler
4 months ago

@grandma and @zoeb , if you continue to have problems with Private Messaging, then please use me as an intermediary. 😊

zoeb
4 months ago

Thanks @stumbler – we have connected!!!

alex_knowles
4 months ago

I will come along from Nottingham….Thank you, Alex

zoeb
3 months ago

Hi @alex_knowles that’s brilliant that you want to come!!! Would you like any more information? We have information about the venue and the menu if you want to see it in advance 🙂

Zoe

zoeb
3 months ago

Hey everyone
I’m keeping an eye on the local weather as we are forecast some super cold snowy snow. If you are travelling over from Manchester by car – keep an eye on the snake pass watch (you might have to go by the woodhead or M1)
The peaks have been pretty snowy over the past couple of days.
It has been -5 here today!!
Also the showroom is having some work done outside the building at the moment. The disabled entrance has moved slightly down the road but they do still have one.

Let me know if you are struggling with coming over 🙂
Looking forward to seeing you all. Zoe

alex_knowles
3 months ago

Hi Zoe….I’m going to have to give my apologies

confident in saying….The cold weather is a deterrent… Sorry to be nesh

Thanks for the encouragement and organisation
Best wishes Alex

Hi Zoe……I would’ve come up from Loughborough. As well as meeting fellow MS’s, I lived in Sheffield back in my uni days so I would have loved to get back.

But, unfortunately I can’t make it tomorrow as I have a beer festival to go to!! So I will have to give it a miss and come to the next one!!

Enjoy!

zoeb
3 months ago

Hi @alex_knowles
I hear you. If I was not the person who had organised this I would also be cancelling. Had a horrid week… and feeling terrible. But apparently the show must go on if you are the host.

Hope to see you next time
Zoë

ianc
3 months ago

Hi @zoeb
I am so sorry but I wont be able to make the meet up tomorrow, I have not been feeling great for the last couple of weeks and my wife is not able to run me over and driving at the moment isn’t an option for me.

I really hope that the meet up goes really well, and I will be at the next
Ian

grandma
3 months ago

@zoeb just trying to go back onto pm to confirm name of meeting point to give to taxi driver, pm not working again! Can you give me name in here, food is ok, have already decided what I’m eating when I eventually get there, food is always the most important thing🎉🥂🙏🏻

zoeb
3 months ago

Hi @grandma
We are meeting at the showroom cafe bar in Sheffield – https://www.showroomworkstation.org.uk/food-drink/default.aspx

You should be able to walk from the train station in 2-5 mins if you get a train. No need for a taxi as it’s right next to the train station.

If you’re travelling within sheffield – let me know and I can offer additional information

Zoë

grandma
3 months ago

Thanks, I’ll wobble that way tomorrow, see you about 1.15-130🤙😜🎉

alex_knowles
3 months ago

@zoeb

Thank you for understanding Zoe

I hope it all went well today, and there is plans for another get together

Alex

zoeb
3 months ago

Shame to have missed anyone that couldn’t come yesterday and thanks to those who did – especially @grandma who travelled far and with transport issues!!!
😀

See you next time MS of the north buddies xxx

stumbler
3 months ago

Well done for organising it, @zoeb.

👏

grandma
3 months ago

Had a great time despite transport issues (3 trains out of 4 didnt operated on time) lovely to meet Zoe and @striclysocial among others. Finally settled in to watch last episode of Vera last night, fell asleep about 9.30, so still don’t know ‘who did it’, oh well, I’ll just have to wait for the repeat🎉😜

amyshift
3 months ago

@zoeb thanks for organising this, you did a great job. Was great to meet so many MSers who I only know by their Shift.ms handles!

zoeb
2 months ago

Hi everyone – I know this is an old post now but we are having our next meet on the 7th April in Sheffield. The venue is to be confirmed.

Please join us!! We would love to see you!

Zoe

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.