Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

stumbler
1 month ago

Hi @anna_de_vito and welcome. 😊

grandma
1 month ago

Hi Anna and welcome. I’m one of the old codgers, have had the beast for 26 years, had to change to a mobility scooter/electric wheelchair in the last 18months, council gave very kindly put in a big ramp at the front so I can get in and out if the house, they also put me in a through lift so I can now get to bed and into my disabled bathroom (which I wasn’t able to do for 6 months!) but so many things have changed in the last few years that you should be ok in the future. I don’t know where you are in the world cos you haven’t filled in the bio bit, but drugs are available, don’t know what if anything you’re on, we’re more able to help and advise if we know a bit more about you😉😍

anna_de_vito
1 month ago

Hi thank you for your response I’ve been with multiple sclerosis now for 13 years I am presently on Tysabris. I’m from Canada . 53 years old . I also take Fampyria twice a day there pills to help with the walking .

vixen
1 month ago

Welcome @anna_de_vito all the way from Canada. Glad that you’ve found Shift. Out of interest, what difference to you find that Fampyra makes to your walking?

anna_de_vito
1 month ago

hi Fampyria helps me have more energy I can walk with my walker for 1 hr before sitting down rather before I could only walk max. 20 min.

lightning87
1 month ago

Welcome @anna_de_vito 🙂

peterfrancis
1 month ago

Hi and welcome @anna_de_vito

anna_de_vito
1 month ago

Ty

dramaqueen
1 month ago

Hello my name is sandra from london. I was diagnosed 28yrs ago i have progressive ms and also walk with the aid of a walker but for only 5 minutes before resting. Without the walker i cannot move. Just thought it would be good to speak with people from time to time.

patricia_neary
1 month ago

Hi Anna.
I still have use of my hands and my legs are about as useless as a fart in a wind storm. I’m able to transfer from my chair to my bed. Some days I think will I ever walk again? And quickly I remind myself just for today I can do this. So can you. Hugs

lightningduck
1 month ago

Hello @anna_de_vito and welcome from the US

anna_de_vito
1 month ago

hi lightning thank you

dramaqueen
1 month ago

Anna i just wanted to add if you can still walk using crutches use them more often than your walker as your core muscles become weaker in time. I am sorry now i relied so heavily on my walker. I know iwas more stable with the walker but i nolonger have a choice. x

anna_de_vito
1 month ago

Hi. Drama queens I do use the walker to help me get me Get up and walk . Been on Fambyria for about. 7 months. Helps with walking.

nutshell88
1 month ago

I’ve had it since 2004
Its difficult to go up sidewalk specialy if its high
Or stairs
I try my best sometime i could go up untill the end other times i need help and thats recent
I could walk but i dont look 100% healthy

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.